Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rotted tires gone.

Been undecided on tires for a long time, mainly on what size to run and keeping the weight low. You've seen them for yrs, but these are mine.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Nice Hump! Lookin Good!!...
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

3. Thanks Hump thanked for this post
    Here is some info I have been trying to find out for a while.

The weight. These weights may not be very accurate because I weighed them on a cheap set of bathroom scales, but it is good to compare the old set to the new.

stock front wheel with 25x8 Bighorn was 29#

stock rear with 25x10 was 33#

26x9 Bighorn on Raceline wheels were 35#

Every pound of un-sprung weight is huge, so as many have said before, getting away from the wide tires on the back should help a lot as far as power and being easier on axles, wheel bearings, etc.

Now for the width.

All 4 new wheels are 12x7 with 5+2 "front wheel" offset.

Front stock was 54" wide.

Front with new tires and wheels is 56" wide.

Rear stock was 56".

The rear is now 57" wide.

Factory 2012 "recall" rear wheel spacers were on the rear with the stock wheels, and are still on there to get that front offset wheel where I want it to be in the rear. I'm really happy with now it turned out. I wanted the rear a little wider than the front, and did not want this thing to be over 60".
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, scottwv, brewis liked this post
    looks close to the body in the rear. the 26" look a lot bigger than the 25". the width measurements are to the outside of the tires?

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

That is one good looking machine

8. Thanks Hump thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    looks close to the body in the rear. the 26" look a lot bigger than the 25". the width measurements are to the outside of the tires?
    Yes.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    looks great hump!
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

12. Thanks Hump thanked for this post
    Great looking ride! You will love those tires, Btw those doors look awesome!

14. Thanks Hump thanked for this post
    08 700 ...

16. Thanks Hump thanked for this post
    Test ride was 100 yrds downhill before the Rhino died. Would give anything to know what these are gonna be like. That will piss you off. I can say I'm really happy with the width and the looks of it for sure. Pretty good clearance under that thing too. Will update when I get running again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast