Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  53
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clutching with portals?

So, I have a portal lift on the way. With a 30% gear reduction, think I should mod the clutch? I don't need any top end speed increase. I don't know the mud tires I will get yet but have a set of 28 in at tires I will use for trail and mountain riding. I wouldn't mind pulling the clutch cover off to make sure it's sealed good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    absolutely do the full JBS clutch. you are adding a lot of weight with the tires and extra gears to turn with the portals

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

4. Thanks duckmans83 thanked for this post
    I'm thinking just a shim or maybe shim and weights. Don't think the sheave would be needed due to not needing the top end back. With the greaseless weights provided by jbs and shim I think would be all I need. Don't want it loud so almost just thinking shim.

JBS uses Yamalube grease on the Dr Pulley overdrive weights. The sheave milling provides more low end than stock and a few mph top end. Try the shim and weights first to see if it's enough for you. I advise slugging the wet clutch also.

Quote Originally Posted by duckmans83 View Post
    I'm thinking just a shim or maybe shim and weights. Don't think the sheave would be needed due to not needing the top end back. With the greaseless weights provided by jbs and shim I think would be all I need. Don't want it loud so almost just thinking shim.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

7. Thanks duckmans83 thanked for this post
    Likes Hump liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmans83 View Post

I have 4" portals and 35.5's. I love the full JBS clutch in my teryx of course with my tire size is geared slightly higher than stock even with the portals. With a 28 you absolutely need all the top end gain you can get or your top speed is going to be super slow. 4" portals on a machine with a stock 26" tire is intended to run a 33.8" tire to maintain exact same stock gear ratio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Thanks duckmans83 thanked for this post
    Likes duckmans83 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly2031 View Post
    I have 4" portals and 35.5's. I love the full JBS clutch in my teryx of course with my tire size is geared slightly higher than stock even with the portals. With a 28 you absolutely need all the top end gain you can get or your top speed is going to be super slow. 4" portals on a machine with a stock 26" tire is intended to run a 33.8" tire to maintain exact same stock gear ratio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Cool! I will probably wait to mod the clutch then and see how it goes then try to tune it from there.

11. Likes chilly2031 liked this post
    Definetely slug the wet clutch. I run 29.5 Terminators, and I could tell a big difference before and after slug kit and full JBS clutching. Tell James the tires you are going to buy and how you plan on riding and he can hook you up with the proper set up such as which spring and which weights to run.
    Yamaha Wolverine R-spec Camo EPS, JBS Extreme sheave, purple spring, 16 gr od weights, slug kit, HMF Exhaust, PCV 5 Programmer, 3.5 Highlifter Lift, 29.5 Terminators, full folding windshield (wintertime) and wind deflector (summertime), LED light bars front and back, Wetsounds sound bar, blue and red led light strips (separate switches for each) on interior roof, cooler..... always full of cold beer (at the start anyways).
    Go Dawgs!!!!!

13. Thanks duckmans83 thanked for this post

Clutching with portals?

I've heard of slugs for the other yamaha's but don't know if the are out or have been tested yet.

I have a grizzly 660 on aftermarket wheels and 29.5 outlaws. Think they would fit a stock x4?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast