Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Extreme sheave kit tire size limit?

Was considering a tire / wheel change and wonder if that is compatible with my current setup which is as follows:
    17 viking eps
    Slugged WC
    Ext sheave kit and purple spring
    Current tires 28x9.5x12 outlaws (originals) which weigh 34lbs ea on OEM wheels

The tires / wheels Im considering are interforce 30x10x14 which weigh 41lbs ea on an sti alum wheel

Would this change be fine or would I need to change something. In ur opinion would I exp a significant perf loss? I don't really want.to go to 30s but I do like thus tire and they dont make it in a 28" but they do make it in an 8" wide which weighs the same as my outlaws... Not sure id like the 8" wide look though. Thanks for the input
    2017 Yamaha Viking EPS
    2" lift
    28X9.50X12 Outlaws

I am running 29.5x10x12 terminators which weigh 41lbs a piece. I have 2014 viking with extreme sheave, 16gr weights, slugged wet clutch, and purple spring. The combination works great.

3. Likes Timmi, Kenny G liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkSxS View Post
    Was considering a tire / wheel change and wonder if that is compatible with my current setup which is as follows:
    17 viking eps
    Slugged WC
    Ext sheave kit and purple spring
    Current tires 28x9.5x12 outlaws (originals) which weigh 34lbs ea on OEM wheels

The tires / wheels Im considering are interforce 30x10x14 which weigh 41lbs ea on an sti alum wheel

Would this change be fine or would I need to change something. In ur opinion would I exp a significant perf loss? I don't really want.to go to 30s but I do like thus tire and they dont make it in a 28" but they do make it in an 8" wide which weighs the same as my outlaws... Not sure id like the 8" wide look though. Thanks for the input
    You also need to tell James your weights
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Thanks Melo.
    Jim... Think they were 16gr but I may have thrown the pkg away to verify
    2017 Yamaha Viking EPS
    2" lift
    28X9.50X12 Outlaws

Quote Originally Posted by DonkSxS View Post
    Thanks Melo.
    Jim... Think they were 16gr but I may have thrown the pkg away to verify
    Call james my bet is he will have it on file or know what you ordered and will know what you want to run lol I am running 28 inch tires but have tried everything to get a little more because everyone is running the same set up and natraly I wanted just a little more and ended up back at what james recommended at first.
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

7. Thanks DonkSxS thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr liked this post