Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Kenny, I got first dib`s on the 700

John, I'll keep you in mind if the 700 should go away. Right now I'm just looking at the cross-over options out there with the 1000cc and decent suspensions. Got to have the dump bed!
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

3. Likes 08Rhino450SE, JBFIREMAN liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    John, I'll keep you in mind if the 700 should go away. Right now I'm just looking at the cross-over options out there with the 1000cc and decent suspensions. Got to have the dump bed!
    you've got the patience of a saint, Kenny.
    part of the reason i sold the fo-fitty was that i got tired of waiting on yamaha to put some power to the ground.
    but now i really miss it when the honey-dos require yard work.
    hope all's well in your life and the concrete's a flowin' smoothly...
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Kenny G liked this post
    A project to modify the Wolverine carrier (bed) to an active dump bed would not be that difficult. Probably have to move it back and inch or two. Make a little sub-frame with hinges, latch and a lever leg and a rear mount winch that could be used as an electric bed dump......just sayin.........
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

7. Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Kenny, man I've been looking at them pretty hard as well. I too have little hope that Yamaha is going to come out with a fun work horse. That also has some storage.

I think the Viking redesigned with some more cab storage, motor upgrade, and suspension would be awesome. Just don't think it's going to happen. I think it's going to be more sport or trail driven. Which is fantastic if I ever get to the place where it fits my needs.

Only thing Kitty cat I have owned have been snowmobiles. And the parts bill wasn't terrible......usually operator induced.

I would take on the project of putting a dumpbed on wolvy but unless I get a steal of a deal and it would be a HUGE deal on it. I won't.

It would be kinda silly to buy a machine that doesn't fit one of the big criteria and go from there. Especially if it didn't turn out how you wanted it to. Then what?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

9. Likes Kenny G, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I agree, there isn't much of a bed on the Wolvy to start with and I'm no fabricator, more of a butcher. Dealer here has one in stock hope to get by in the next few weeks and take a good look at one.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Snorider liked this post

Havoc discomfort

Just a heads up for anyone considering Textron Havoc x . I bought one 2 weeks ago, and, I already am having buyers remorse! Mine has the glass windshield , rear clear poly shield and a fiber roof. What sold me after looking at several other makes was the new cab and a half design. The extra space made a great place for the dog , third member to this faimly. .... what has not worked, and makes the UTV worthless is the extreme heat generated by the large hp engine. We got little more than a mile into the woods on a two track when the temp in the cab became extreme. My dog could not sit in the rear area because of the heat transfer to the floor and side panels. Fortunately I had provided a 3” pc of memory foam to part of the floor but too little help as the heat was closing in, quickly ! Up front we were starting to sweat, very uncomfortable....I turned around and headed for the house. Once in the garage I used my heat gun, got temps over 200 F pointed to the engine directly. Floor surface and side wall areas were averaging 158 degrees ! .....I have returned the unit to the dealer, when I got there he too got 200 f readings. He had no answers , and would contact Textron. After a week I have heard nothing other than from 2 trxts to Textron that they would refer my problem to engineering.... tomorrow I will visit the dealer, I have little hope of a “ fix “ , we will see.

13. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, Kenny G liked this post
    Thank you for the information, let us know what is done to resolve the issue.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

15. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    That'd be even to hot for winter tracking in Wyoming. I've always had to run heat protection in the bed in summer for the 4 legged rider in the Rhino, don't know what the temp is though. That good info to know, keep us posted please.

Let'em Buck!!!

Finally got to go test run a Havoc. First impression, I wasn't impressed, maybe I was just hoping for to much from it. Seats were uncomfortable for me, hard and to upright in positioning, but it has a slider for better positioning. Cab was roomy. Asked about the engine heat issue, but the salesman hadn't heard about any issues. Also hadn't heard of any recalls on the Havoc. The air intake housing behind the drivers seat had came apart and wouldn't snap back together and hold. Clutching was a bit funky after having run the best in the market, didn't like the slippage of engaging and dis-engaging (I'm assuming that's what it was doing) especially in the low end range. I also expected more throttle response from a 1000cc, made me appreciate what the Rhino has a lot more. Suspension looks nice but the area I had to ride you couldn't really flex it out. There wasn't enough pluses in this bike for me to want one. I did also check out a General and thought out of the 2 bikes the Polaris was hands down the better machine.

Let'em Buck!!!

18. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast