Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Tuner insite

Tuner insite

Hey guys I've been surfing most of the sections to see what all of you guys are running seems like msd and bazzaz are that Main ones. But I have a 2012 msd is out and dynatek had bad luck I have a pcv with the autotune a/f sensor and the LCD screen to tune on the fly plus already have the Rev extend to 8k basically what I'm asking is I plan on building the engine this fall should I keep what I have and make a map as I go or is there a better tuner out there for a 734 rhino when I'm done with the build
    2012 rhino 700 Hunter green
    Machined sheave with greasless 16g weights
    Hot cam stage 2
    Pc5 with autotune and lcd display
    Modified exhaust and intake

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Hump, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Hump has a 734 Rhino, I'm pretty sure he runs Bazzaz

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Hey timmi I saw that James posted screen shots of tunes from the bazzaz
    Hot cam stage 2

The MSD has done well on my JBS built Rhino 734 with an Innovate AFR gauge. James could offer an opinion if changing from a MSD to bazazz would be worth it but if the AFR is right and stays consistent, why? Maybe timing opportunity. ???
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Thanks for the reply Jim basically what I'm after is I see alot of u guys using the msd or the bazzaz for all ur builds I plan on doing the same as your signature I want the 734 but with the cp 10.75 piston and James machined head I guess what I'm after is is it worth me keeping the pcv and make my map or is the bazzaz with James tunes the way to go
    Hot cam stage 2

There is no MSD for the 12 and 13s. We are stuck with dynatek or something similar. I'm running the Black Rhino version with no problems at all since 2012, as well as a bazzaz fuel controller. If you have that tune on the fly pcv, you may want to keep that if it works for you. Without a cdi box, how did you raise your rev limit to 8k?

Before you do an engine build, I have something for you to be thinking about ahead of time. Things change and prices do also, but if I remember right, I could have had a Hotrod's stroker crank for close to what I paid for a stock stroke Crank Works crank and rod. I went with the real expensive stock stroke one because I wanted the best and strongest bottom end there was....thinking long term. James said the stock rod is the weak link, and so my Rhino has a huge rod. LOL I think there are a whole lot of strokers out there with the Hotrod's crank and rod with no problems, but I just went overkill for what I hope will be longevity. If I had it to do over again would I stroke it????????? Maybe, maybe not. I'm very happy with how it runs.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

8. Likes Timmi liked this post
    If your fuel controller does it's job, keep it and do your engine. Absolutely add a set of Yoshimuras and an upgraded crank and rod to your new engine even if you just do a 734.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

10. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    My pc5 does and has the ability to tune the fuel and the timing for making the maps work better for my set up I had a local shop that deals with pc5 for bikes unlock it but I set my limiter to 7500 cause that little 700 with the cam sounds like it's gona scatter hahaha I have looked at the stroker kits alot I'm after reliability also that's why I'm choosing the cp or je 10.5 or 10.75 piston so I can run pump gas if I have to stop somewhere not alot of places up by me sell turbo blue or vp110 to mix fuels. I have checked out the hot rods crank stock stroke and the +5. I used to help build yzf450s for a friend we used a stock Yamaha crank with a carrillo rod never had one problem after balancing it. Those quads run full throttle the entire gncc race.
    Hot cam stage 2

12. Likes Timmi liked this post
    If you're after lots of reliability and willing to limit the rpm as you have, I went with a Viking cam and fuel injector. It screams at the bottom but starts running out of steam as expected above 7000, it will pull the front wheels on pavement. James did the valves as noted in sig. IIRC James said the Viking FI delivers about 10% more fuel as is. I run 93 octane in it and I cant recall adjusting timing anything other than stock, it idles smoothly and pulls with the slugged clutch immediately upon demand.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

14. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    That will work fine..almost all those boxes have some issues

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880