Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: T2 Ryde-On

T2 Ryde-On

Those of you that have (or had) a rhino and a ryde-on cover know how useful they are . The company markets these for reducing in cab dust ; but , they greatly reduce engine noise , and heat as well . This is not the case on the newer T2's ( the older models share the same benefits as the rhino ) . I don't know if they didn't want to take the time to engineer it like the "older" models ; but , reducing dust will be the only benefit (unless you modify the cover like I did) you will get . The new design does not go under the seats at all , nor cover ANY part of the center cover ...it does come with two pieces that you cram under the seats to block the big holes under them . The cover doesn't stop at the cross bar behind the seats like the earlier versions , it has a mesh screen that goes up and attaches to the top of the cage...the bottom part simply hangs down behind the seats (not far enough imo) . I have the kawi enclosure and I didn't want it rubbing against the mesh , nor did I want to look through it , so I carefully cut the top mesh part off . Screen or no screen , where the cover does not go under the seat , it puts EVERY bit of the heat right up the back of your neck !! About 15 min into our ride Saturday , I took it off to cool down the cab . My next "plan" is to pick up a welding blanket , drape it over the center , and cram it under the seats ...that , and make me some summer pipe doors . I don't think the kawi is any hotter than the rhino was ; but , I am used to running without doors in the summer .
    08 700 ...

2. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Man sure sounds like they cheaped out on that. Maybe add some heat/sound barrier to the bottom of those seat panels and the engine cover? One thing I can tell you that you really need is to have a windshield that is open at the bottom, shim it out some, or make some big holes that can be covered back up when you need to. Having the bottom 5 or 6" open on mine makes it real nice.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

4. Likes scottwv, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    The only problem I'm having is all this steam getting in and fogging up my windshield. On a rainy or snowy and wet day, it looks like Cheech and Chong in this mofo, and I can't keep up with everyone else because I can't see. Most of it comes from around the parking brake lever, and around the rear inner parts of the cage where the dust cover wraps around it. I just don't know what to stuff in there.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

6. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Yeah , that steam is a bitch...can't hardly wipe it off neither . Your cover helps out quite a bit tho...that is another reason I'm wanting to try some sort of "blanket" .
    08 700 ...

8. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post