Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Floor protectors

Well, I've been running a Rhino since 2008 and never had anything come through the floor until now. Just the two of us were out riding in the Rhino by ourselves to try out the new tires/wheels, and at about 12 mph a 1 1/2 ft limb somehow got kicked up just right and busted the floor right under my foot. I can't believe how hard it hit. It knocked my foot up off the floor as if someone hit it with a baseball bat. I'm going to build my own set, and have a pretty good idea of what I will do. Anyone done this or have a set?

It looks like it got caught right in front of the front floor support and had nowhere to go.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    Well, I've been running a Rhino since 2008 and never had anything come through the floor until now. Just the two of us were out riding in the Rhino by ourselves to try out the new tires/wheels, and at about 12 mph a 1 1/2 ft limb somehow got kicked up just right and busted the floor right under my foot. I can't believe how hard it hit. It knocked my foot up off the floor as if someone hit it with a baseball bat. I'm going to build my own set, and have a pretty good idea of what I will do. Anyone done this or have a set?

It looks like it got caught right in front of the front floor support and had nowhere to go.
    Do you have any extras mounted under your hood. Like heater,power steering,etc.

Had the same thing happen to me...I made mine out of dimond plate aluminum. Mine went farther up , and under the pedals than the store bought ones...pretty sure I still have the template .
    08 700 ...

I had a large stick pop up and jam my right foot well on my quad. It broke the well around one of the support bolts and one of the waffles, but not bad enough to need to replace it immediately.
    It really got my attention as I was standing up and like you not really going fast, but it lifted me up and I anin't no feather weight.

I'm thinking about making some to go underneath the floor. The floor and front floor support on the frame is just a bad idea. When something gets jammed right at the front of that support, it has nowhere to go but up through the floor. I still can't believe how much force that small piece of tree limb had.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Mine are on the outside ,got the one's that have been on ebay forever. Work great and I do a lot of off trail riding