Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    M-n-T

Custom tilting cargo basket/spare tire carrier and Summit heater for my X4

Hello all...been lurking here for a while, gathering info and taking notes....so I decided to join in a try to contribute a bit. Bought my X4 a few weeks ago..brought it home and pretty much took it apart and started in on the custom things that would make it work even better for me.

First off, my last ride was a Viking (which I loved) but it seemed as though I always had 4 people wanting to go, so it was time for an new machine. I feel sorry for the dealer, as I'm sure they got tired of me coming down to take photos and measuring things at least a dozen times. The one major problem I had with the X4 was the fact that it did not have near enough cargo space for what I needed. I do a TON of hunting and I needed something that would allow me to carry my gear, and possibly a deer or elk, in and out of the woods. At the same time, I needed to integrate something so I could also carry a spare. Since I was purchasing it for four people...but wanted something capable of carrying gear for those same 4 people. My solution.... a custom, tilting cargo basket/spare tire carrier.
    Next on the list was a heater. I am very fortunate that my wife and daughter like to hunt (especially my daughter) but they HATE the cold. Having some experience with the Summit line of heaters in my Viking, I decided to try one of the 28,000BTU units for the X4 for the front seats. First, seeing that he had an OEM heater in his X4, I did call James to hear his pros and cons on the setup...and was given some great advice on the defrost vents! The Summit heater was going to take care of the front, However I needed to figure out a way to get some heat to the rear passenger area as well. For this, I used a small (high heat rated) fan and mounted it to the underside of the front two cup holders (in the rear seat area). I used a couple round louver vents and simply set it up so it pulled heat out of the engine compartment. This ended up being very simple and functional install. I can tell you this....this thing CRANKS out some serious HEAT!!
    Last was the dash area in which I wanted to place heater vents-gauges and switches. All of this was on top of the 28" tires, wheels, front and rear windows, lift kit, off road LED lights and dome lights for the rest of the machine.

Anyways, I finally got it all back together...and I couldn't be happier! Going to take it on it's maiden ride next weekend! The X4 platform is VERY versatile and well thought out! Thanks to all of you that have been posting...i learned a ton and it made things go much smoother!

Here are some photos of my build...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0020.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	13039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0025.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	13040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0027.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	13041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0023.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	13042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0044.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	13043

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, scottwv, flimmy liked this post
    Very nice...the factory dash vents didn't put out enough air this winter to keep my window clear....those should do the job

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Thanks Mass-n-Trash thanked for this post
    I have seen your photos on the facebook page, very nice!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

M-n-T
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    Very nice...the factory dash vents didn't put out enough air this winter to keep my window clear....those should do the job

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James, your advice on the defrost vents was spot on! Thanks!!

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Timmi liked this post
    Welcome aboard --- good looking machine

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post