Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2016 Viking hard starting

I thought it was the battery but a new battery and a check of the old shows good. It always starts but like to much compression and wondering if any Vikings have had the same trouble as the Wolverines with the decompression spring breaking. If so does James carry them or have a parts#.
    Thanks
    Rod

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Best to call James and ask 304-673-2602

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Thanks Tim

5. Likes Timmi liked this post
    If it's not the battery not having enough cranking amps it could be the starter because Vikings usually don't have a decompression issue although it is possible

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

7. Likes ShadymtnViking liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    If it's not the battery not having enough cranking amps it could be the starter because Vikings usually don't have a decompression issue although it is possible

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    A comment on checking the battery: Just checking the voltage, especially after recharging it, is not sufficient as this is measuring the "float" voltage that the battery is developing while simply sitting there. To truly verify that a battery is in good shape it is necessary to do a load test. This is basically drawing down the battery with a large current draw and measuring the voltage during that current draw. The "load" here is basically an electrical heater that creates that load and measures the voltage of the battery under that load. This is like the current draw while you are cranking the engine over.

Also, it is possible that a new battery is defective. This load testing will verify that the battery is good or not.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

9. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, ShadymtnViking liked this post
    James and Steve I appreciate you guys. I been busy working on it, got a front diff problem too. I checked the battery while in the machine at 14 volts and dropped to 13.5 to 13 while cranking and for a brief second down to 12 and then started. I pulled the cover off at the end of the camshaft and spring looked good but when I tried to move the decompression assembly it was stuck. I broke it loose and then it seemed to work freely. I started it several times and it started the way it should. I haven’t rode it because it’s got trouble in the front diff, I’ll do a post on it just quick as I can.

11. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Likes SteveS liked this post
    was there wear or did it seem like some varnish in the assembly?
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

13. Likes ShadymtnViking liked this post
    Jim I didn’t check it really good to see what made it stick as I’m also having some problems with my front differential. I noticed it seems to be stuck again though. If I ever get bye my front differential problems I’ll revisit it and try to post a update.