Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first ride

first ride

So I took the 16 wolverine out yesterday for my first ride, I bought it used on Saturday. I was debating between this and the yxz, but with the trails I ride the YXZ would be a waste.

Now, my first impression of this thing were great, I enjoyed the ride compared to my yamaha grizzly, I just didn't like hitting the 80 kph (49.7mph) limiter, this machine has 27" tires and I assume that's why I only see 80. In the trails I felt the power was fine, but I ride a lot of gravel roads in between trails, and having everything pass be why I hear the engine cut my power wasn't fun. What can I do to increase my top end, without losing the bottom end?

2nd, I can't believe how wet I get inside of the cabin, between water coming up into the floor after every puddle, and the amount of mud being flinged inside from either lack of larger doors, or the fender extensions don't extend enough. I was covered by the end of the trip, wondering what everyone is doing to stay someone dry, without going full cab

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    JBS clutch kit will get you more top speed, mine ran about 57 mph on stock tires. JBS has full doors that will keep mud off of you.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

4. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post

any canadian suppliers for the jbs kit

they ship to Canada call him tomorrow and he can tell you any information 304-673-2602

Quote Originally Posted by kidastra View Post
    any canadian suppliers for the jbs kit

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

ok, what is the cheapest way to increase the 80kph

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

I see that you have a 2016, so it is the regular OG Wolverine. There isn't really a "cheap" way to get these things going faster, but rather a formula of things. JBS can help you out in a stepped approach to getting going faster. The first things that I would do are the Wet Clutch Slugs and HotRod Extreme Sheave with weights, springs, shim of James' recommendation.

Once you have that addressed, then there are options like a tuner to get better fuel and Rev limits. Exhaust, Air Filter, AIS Block-Off...

These have proven to be really great machines. JBS can ship to Canada. Give him a call and he can help set you up the way that you want to be.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

11. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

doors work great !!!! I love the doors on my machine !! clutching will get you more power and a little more speed I find that 55mph is hard to maintain on a twisty road little own a trail so I am happy with the speed I can get to 57 and a little more down hill but then you don't really count down hill do you ..... but then I am running 28" tires so don't know what the actual speed is.
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

14. Likes Timmi liked this post

so what do i neee James?

anyone run hunterworks?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast