Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Yxz1000 4inch portal lift on rhino???

I searched this and nothing came up, so I thought I would ask, has anyone tried or heard about yxz portals fabbed up on a rhino 700? I'm running 28 outlaw 2s on 14 ss wheels(heavy combo) and if I get it into anything thick I can't spin em, I already have jbs hotrod sheave, weights, and secondary spring for bigger tires but it still isn't enough. So thinking about finally breaking down and selling the ol rhino I ran across some 4inch portals for sale off of a yxz1000. Got em dirt cheap!!! And now I'm looking at trying to Fab up the hubs on the portals to fit my stock rhino suspension. The coolest thing about it is that the axle shafts are the same, so my stock rhino axles match up with the yxz splines in the portals!!! Any input would be much appreciated

Welcome to the forum! You are just going to have to fab up some stuff since there are no Rhino specific portals.

it will look awesome though!

https://hotrodforums.net/forums/show...Kit-for-Rhinos

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

you can really wake-up the 700 for some modest expenditure and work with a BBK, cam, rework head with Raptor springs fuel controller and tip/bolt-on/header.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I plan on going into the motor next, but I just thought it would be neat to get a gear reduction and 4 inch lift all in one. I've been looking at the front two and I'm thinking they are not going to be a big deal but the back brackets are angled for the a-arms on the yxz. I was thinking about calling up super atv and buying the brackets for a wolverine and working with those because from the pictures online they look closer to what I have on the rhino

5. Likes Timmi liked this post
    If you can't turn 28 in thick you got a motor issue or your air fuel is off... A big bore and a cam and the right jetting and that bike should have no issues with 28

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

I have no clue about any of that but If for some reason u decide to change ur mind I’ll take them dirt cheap portals off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Viking VI SE

I ran 28x11x12 on all 4 corners on my 660 with nothing but some jbs goodies and I had no problems spinning them in thick mud. im talking thick like you can grab a handful and make a ball out of it.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.