Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

JBS Eibach spring install

Put in my springs this weekend. James thanks for vid, it was helpful with the OEM pieces to reuse. I modified my spring tool that originally made for the Rhino springs as the reservoirs are at right angle to the Wolv relative to the top mounting holes. See pictures below of tool if you are so inclined. Straps are not a bad idea as the pressures are not that great, but I already had my tool and it is so quick to change them with it and a 1/4" impact driver.
    The installed length of the front springs including spacers I set at 12 7/16". I started at 12 9/16" with about one thread tight but installed, it was so loose that the spring could turn under easy hand pressure, so turned them down about 1 1/2 turns. Rear are at 15 1/4" installed length including the thin spacers. I have not ridden or even got it out of garage yet as it is raining and nasty here, but bounced and rolled it back and forth to help it settle some. Front is setting at 12 3/4" and rear is about 13". I will up date when I get it out around the block later this week. adjusted all shock settings while on bench. I am excited!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	13357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	13358
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

2. Thanks shortbus453, WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, shortbus453, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Have you rode it yet

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Nope been raining and stormy all week, just been a wimpy guy! Actually it is more about the mess I would bring back in the garage without it having a chance to dry. The lady of the house has to walk by it from her garage bay to inside the house and I can't afford to upset the arrangement of things as I would never find someone who is that good to me. Next couple days look promising.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Finally sunshine! Rode around the neighborhood streets for a couple miles. It feels like it has more usable travel and absorbs road stuff with much more smoothness. Can't wait to get it on the trail, maybe next weekend. With the added lift/Center-of-Gravity I was not as comfortable with the 'Cadillac' feeling of the side to side sway so I turned my Slow Compression down to 1/2 turn and it helped a lot so once again the trail will dictate how I finish with that adjustment.
    After a couple miles on the roads and bumping some curbs pretty good my rear height is 12 1/4" to frame and the front is 12" at frame rail in the middle of the a-arm mounts. Keep in mind that I probably have about 100 pounds of fuel, fire ext, tow straps, spare, tools, ax, shovel, etc.
    I will update further after trail riding...can't wait.

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Put a set on my Wolvy today, Wont get to ride it till we go on the fall ride next week but i look forward to it.

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Detail Update: I went back and checked my records and wanted to offer the details in case anyone is interested. For my stock springs with them turn up past manual max with about one or two threads left on shocks, I was at 11 1/8" in the front and 10 5/8" in rear. That's with same weight and everything else. My nephew in the racing shock business said there would be no harm in cranking the springs down another +/- 1/4" past the OEM manual max. So you can see the static difference that the Eibach springs make which is about equal to a 2" lift without consideration of ride quality.

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Ok I am now ready to offer my comments after a chat with James, some adjustments and my second day ride. I"m 68 so keep that in mind but I like control so I started with shocks set somewhat firm as I had on the stock springs. After a day ride I felt fairly beat up lol, great control but hard on the old body. I now have shocks set with fast compression at two turns out and slow compression set at 15 clicks out ( I may move them out to the max 18 for a little further testing). Rebound I left untouched with front at 24 and rear at 16 clicks IIRC. I rode at LBL Turkey Bay which is not very much road but up and down brutal trails with gullies and ruts, never bottomed out, not any appreciable sway or bouncing. I am about 200 pounds and carry about 125 pounds of gear, spare, cooler, gas, ax....maybe 150 pounds lol. My heights are still the same, no settling. Hope this helps others. One of the best $400 you can spend for improved riding, especially if you typically carry two people plus gear.

13. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino, JoshK thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post