"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

so after looking at the bighorn's on the Maxxis site, I noticed the 29's actually measure out at 29.2 and 29.5 front and rear respectively. I think I read somewhere but can't find it now that the stock 26" tires on the x4 are actually under 26". So that is a big jump from sub-26 to over 29. I was thinking of looking for something in the 28" range. Since this is the first side by side and first machine I am going to do a few mods to (I have only had stock machines) all of this is new. I am piecing together information from several locations as to what I need for each mod.

I think I heard you can do 27" tires and not need the clutch work done... Now I am looking at 28's or 29's so I will need to do the clutch correct? If I do 27's I can run the stock springs but if I do 28's or bigger it is better to have the JBS springs correct? And if I get 28's shouldn't I get the Weller reflash? LOL Tires will give me a bit more ground clearance and bite on the trails (performance) and good looks (purely cosmetic) LOL Reflash will give me some more BRAAAAAP!!! and the clutch is necessary for performance if I change tires. UGH!!!

Oh and my wife asked about a radio...

so what is the order of mods? LOL I have a brand new machine, what would you do first?

The JBS springs work great with my self leveling shocks. Get them. It makes the ride so much better. Height and comfort all in one. My favorite accessory so far. Clutch being second favorite. Others will say clutch first and then springs. Really you can't go wrong with either one.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

4. Likes Brungeman, Timmi liked this post
    James said his 29" horns measured 28" mounted on the bike. The reflash can wait, you'll can still run over 50 mph without it. My stock X2 tires are barely 25" tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Brungeman View Post
    so after looking at the bighorn's on the Maxxis site, I noticed the 29's actually measure out at 29.2 and 29.5 front and rear respectively. I think I read somewhere but can't find it now that the stock 26" tires on the x4 are actually under 26". So that is a big jump from sub-26 to over 29. I was thinking of looking for something in the 28" range. Since this is the first side by side and first machine I am going to do a few mods to (I have only had stock machines) all of this is new. I am piecing together information from several locations as to what I need for each mod.

I think I heard you can do 27" tires and not need the clutch work done... Now I am looking at 28's or 29's so I will need to do the clutch correct? If I do 27's I can run the stock springs but if I do 28's or bigger it is better to have the JBS springs correct? And if I get 28's shouldn't I get the Weller reflash? LOL Tires will give me a bit more ground clearance and bite on the trails (performance) and good looks (purely cosmetic) LOL Reflash will give me some more BRAAAAAP!!! and the clutch is necessary for performance if I change tires. UGH!!!

Oh and my wife asked about a radio...

so what is the order of mods? LOL I have a brand new machine, what would you do first?

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Start you a build thread. It sounds like you have a lot of fun in your future. How fancy or technical do you want to get with the radio? For simplicity a soundbar you can Bluetooth to your phone works great. I went the other direction and put a head unit in the dash, amp behind the dash, and wake board speakers mounted to the roll cage. Wiring can get fun if you want to pull it through the ROPS for a clean install. Its loud and sounds better than a soundbar. I spent about $250 on everything. however it takes more work to install than a soundbar. Most soundbars would be fine but I like to listen to my tunes (70s to 90 country with some 60-80s rock) when on the river bank so I went my route for a better sounding stereo. However, the sky is the limit. There a lot of guys that would blow my system out of the water. But I don't listen to their kind of music and didn't need all the bass.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12