Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone running 4inch portals on a Yxz1000r ss?

Ok guys so I bought a set of 4inch portals dirt cheap for a yxz1000r. I had big plans to Fab them up on my rhino 700 but me not having the skill set needed for the Fab work there was only one logical solution, buy a yxz lol. So I bought a 2017 yxz1000r ss se with on 40 miles on her. It already has the 70/30 gear reduction in it and now I'm about to start installing my 4inch portal lift which should give it another 30% gear reduction. Has anyone ran portals on a yxz? I love the machine but where I ride I get into thick mud pretty often and was wondering if after the portals it will turn 30inch tires in the real thick stuff without destroying the clutch. Any input is much appreciated!!!

Got the fronts on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19593.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	13377  

3. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, flimmy liked this post
    I would say that with the extra 30% reduction you should good with 30's in any mud. Now you wont be going over 40 mph .
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

Anxious to hear your results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Viking VI SE

So I have been on two rides with the yxz after I installed the 4in portals and it slings the mess out of the 30in outback Max's! 1st gear is crazy low and the ground clearance is incredible even with my shocks all the way relaxed. I'm really happy with them but I wish now I had a lil less reduction in 4th and 5th. Who would I talk to about changing my 5th gear from 30% reduction to 15%? And also it would throw a code every once in a while. It was a transmission code and when it would happen the gear indicator would go blank and wouldn't let me shift gears. Then when coming to a stop it would stall and die. As soon as I turned the key off and back on it would go back to normal!?!

4 in portals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44035754_2091891767530325_6775541944320786432_n.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	13395  

8. Likes Timmi, Cleang35, mike liked this post
    tubeworks does the gear modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Crank.up.the.boost View Post
    So I have been on two rides with the yxz after I installed the 4in portals and it slings the mess out of the 30in outback Max's! 1st gear is crazy low and the ground clearance is incredible even with my shocks all the way relaxed. I'm really happy with them but I wish now I had a lil less reduction in 4th and 5th. Who would I talk to about changing my 5th gear from 30% reduction to 15%? And also it would throw a code every once in a while. It was a transmission code and when it would happen the gear indicator would go blank and wouldn't let me shift gears. Then when coming to a stop it would stall and die. As soon as I turned the key off and back on it would go back to normal!?!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

10. Thanks Crank.up.the.boost thanked for this post
    What is your top speed with the portals? I can get maybe 60 with 70/30 and stock 27s

2015 Viking VI SE

Mines screaming at 50, but i use the rig for strictly slow trails, mud and rock crawling so it's not that big of deal. If I want speed I have a outlander 1000 to play on lol

13. Likes Cleang35 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crank.up.the.boost View Post
    Mines screaming at 50, but i use the rig for strictly slow trails, mud and rock crawling so it's not that big of deal. If I want speed I have a outlander 1000 to play on lol
    Bout the same here. Slow trails and mudd. No rocks though. Was just curious because I do my occasional ride around town on the black top and the exhaust is super loud at high rpm

2015 Viking VI SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast