Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aluminum and Brass do not play well together on the scale, so next time you are working on it, it would not hurt to put a couple wraps of Teflon on the threads. That's assuming that it is not a grounded fitting. If it has a ground on the backside that does not show in the photo then best not. Or you could tin a wire and solder stick it to the sending unit to help complete the ground.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

2. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Likes SteveS, Jared liked this post
    I put a couple wraps on mine alba's fitting doesn't need a ground .I was concerned about electrolysis too.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

Since you are sensitive to the engine temp as most all of us are who even bother to have a gauge, I just noticed that where you mounted the sensor is a few feet downstream of the motor and may have a few degrees of cooling before it gets to sensor, so you could probably get a heat gun and shoot the t'stat housing and the blue adapter quickly to see if it is an appreciable difference. Anytime after reachng operating temp should be OK as basically the OEM t'stat is totally open after 158 degrees F. If you do check it, please let us know if any difference.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

5. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Likes Jared liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Since you are sensitive to the engine temp as most all of us are who even bother to have a gauge, I just noticed that where you mounted the sensor is a few feet downstream of the motor and may have a few degrees of cooling before it gets to sensor, so you could probably get a heat gun and shoot the t'stat housing and the blue adapter quickly to see if it is an appreciable difference. Anytime after reachng operating temp should be OK as basically the OEM t'stat is totally open after 158 degrees F. If you do check it, please let us know if any difference.
    I will check it I have a temp gun it will be a few days before I can check.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I got the gauge and inline temp housing from alba and I screwed the sensor in the housing and it looks to restrict flow because the sensor is so long so I called alba and they said I could cut it shorter where the groove is that's about a 1/4 inch from the end . did anyone else do this? I cut it and it looks to open up the flow more . I haven't installed it yet I'm hoping to as soon as I get my next days off work.

I looked on Alba's site and couldn't find the inline adapters ?? Best i can tell , i need a 25mm (1") one .
    08 700 ...

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    I looked on Alba's site and couldn't find the inline adapters ?? Best i can tell , i need a 25mm (1") one .
    They only sell a 7/8-- 22 mm for the rhino but l think my hose has swollen because it was a loose fit 1" would have worked better I just cinched it down good hope there's no leeks. When you select the rhino temp gauge on album site it has a drop down link to select the one for a rhino adapter you may call and ask if they will send a bigger one .

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    I looked at the inline adapter packaging that it came in alba uses a Koso brand and they have a sizing chart of sizes on the package it lists a 22mm then the next size is 26mm . They sale that brand on Ebay and the same sensor that's cut to length. It was a 140-280f sensor.

10. Thanks scottwv thanked for this post
    Likes scottwv liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    From what I seen today with the temp gun it wasn't more than 1 or 2 degrees difference between one end and the other .the fan kicks on around 190 . It drops pretty quick if I open heater valve and turn on fan because not as much flow into radiator and by the sensor. I let it run for a half hr. No leaks and pretty accurate from what I see.

12. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I looked at the inline adapter packaging that it came in alba uses a Koso brand and they have a sizing chart of sizes on the package it lists a 22mm then the next size is 26mm . They sale that brand on Ebay and the same sensor that's cut to length. It was a 140-280f sensor.

I found it on there...thanks !
    08 700 ...

14. Likes Jared liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12