Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water temp gauge kit advice

I'm looking at putting a water temp gauge kit on the rhino I looked at the alba racing one and it looks like a good one. Anyone have that setup and want to chime in?
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

Here’s the gauges I did on my 660: https://hotrodforums.net/forums/show...Switch-Project
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

3. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Likes Jared liked this post
    i run one on my rhino i like it. Their gauges have allways worked great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

5. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Likes Jared liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian lee Rhino450 View Post
    i run one on my rhino i like it. Their gauges have allways worked great for me

I got the gauge and inline temp housing from alba and I screwed the sensor in the housing and it looks to restrict flow because the sensor is so long so I called alba and they said I could cut it shorter where the groove is that's about a 1/4 inch from the end . did anyone else do this? I cut it and it looks to open up the flow more . I haven't installed it yet I'm hoping to as soon as I get my next days off work.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

not sure if mine came from alba might b utv inc. but my gauge is alba

09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

Not sure if the fitting is tapered but mine got plenty tight right where it is

09 700 sport

Quote Originally Posted by Brian lee Rhino450 View Post
    Not sure if the fitting is tapered but mine got plenty tight right where it is

Your fittings look the same .mine is blue and the sensor looks the same. I think if I screw the sensor in tight it would stop about a 1/8" from hitting the far wall of fitting and block a lot of flow. The sensor has a groove about 3/8" from the tip alba said I could cut it there . It opened it up a lot hope the sensor is still acurate.did you use teflon tape?

Honestly i cant remember but im thinking i did not

09 700 sport

I found the same sensor on Ebay that said it was cut to length so that confirms that. So I'll install it and give a report.

I got the temp gauge installed wired and plumbed in .It seams to work . The fitting was 22mm which is 7/8 and I installed it right in the Same spot Brian did the fitting had a lot of wiggle room I think a 1" would have went right in. the hoses must expand over time. I tightened the clamp down good I hope it doesn't leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast