Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Cooling Fan Issues

well after 700 miles, my 2017 r-Spec is having issues with the cooling fan. Good thing I have a water temp gauge installed, noticed it hit 220 this weekend, and shut it off right away. Turned the key on and no Fan.

Messed with the key for a while and got the fan to start spinning slowly. than was off and on. Got back home, and the fan sounded normal. Then started this weird off and on crap.

its under warranty so its being brought in to be checked out. Did Yamaha change the fan design at all? I already lengthened the vent tube, and have the JBS Radiator gaurds, and Alba reflash with lower fan turn on.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE

-LED Headight bulbs, LED Fog Lights
    -SuperATV Half windshield, Smoked
    -Exhaust Tip Mod
    -K&N Air filter
    -AIS Blocked off
    -JBS Clutching, all the good stuff
    -JBS Radiator Gaurds
    -Alba Reflashed ECM
    -Bazooka Party Bar, with 10" Bazooka Amplified Marine Sub in Bed
    -EMP rear bumper
    -Doors

More to come...

no change but they will replace it

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

When the one went out on my Viking I installed the spal fan which moves more air and I eliminated all the factory fan control. I installed an independent temp switch which controls a relay to turn the fan on and a light on that I wired in so I know when my fan is running. Fan now comes on at 192 and goes off at 177. The way the fan works now gives me perfect peace of mind on the trail. I coupled this set up with JBS radiator mud guards and all is great in the cooling department.

Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    When the one went out on my Viking I installed the spal fan which moves more air and I eliminated all the factory fan control. I installed an independent temp switch which controls a relay to turn the fan on and a light on that I wired in so I know when my fan is running. Fan now comes on at 192 and goes off at 177. The way the fan works now gives me perfect peace of mind on the trail. I coupled this set up with JBS radiator mud guards and all is great in the cooling department.
    Did you replace the OEM sensor in the thermostat housing with a different one? Or did you put it in a downstream hose adapter? And what diameter fan did you use? OEM plastic shroud? I think I heard mine growling yesterday for the first time, over 1200 miles so thinking its time for proactive preventative maintenance.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Did you replace the OEM sensor in the thermostat housing with a different one? Or did you put it in a downstream hose adapter? And what diameter fan did you use? OEM plastic shroud? I think I heard mine growling yesterday for the first time, over 1200 miles so thinking its time for proactive preventative maintenance.
    I just added a temp switch in the radiator hose with an adapter that I built. As for the fan I comes with a new metal shroud from Universal Parts Incorprated. I got the temp switch from them as well. The fan comes with factory connector. I cut the pigtail off where the fan plugs into the chassis and I used it to wire up my on control circuit which is much more simplistic than the module controlled factory circuitry.

6. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr liked this post