Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog Daddy View Post
    This is high on my list along with the Talon. Just need to learn a little more about both. Really want to keep the Rspec but seems the rev limiter is not going to be broken. Had some hope with weller breaking it on the X2 and X4 but my hope is fading.
    I heard the talon will beat a Yamaha yxz in a drag race. Claim is that more wheel hp due to the talons transverse engine mounting = less 90 degree turns in drive train

Quote Originally Posted by PArhino View Post
    I heard the talon will beat a Yamaha yxz in a drag race. Claim is that more wheel hp due to the talons transverse engine mounting = less 90 degree turns in drive train
    There are a lot of rides that give the YXZ a run for its money but the YXZ seems to respond well to mods. Most YXZ seem to go a lot lower than MSRP in my area too. That makes the YXZ with mods in the same ball park price wise as the competition at least in my area (SE MO).
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

3. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Someone will be doing comparisons when they can access a Talon for testing. The YXZ revs fast and high as you know. The Honda twin probably does have a lot of torque, same as the 850 Yamaha, but I'm not sure if it could build revs and put power through the dct any more efficiently than the YXZ. I am interested in seeing real world reviews on the Talon.

Quote Originally Posted by PArhino View Post
    I heard the talon will beat a Yamaha YXZ in a drag race. Claim is that more wheel hp due to the talons transverse engine mounting = less 90 degree turns in drive train

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

5. Likes JoshK liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12