Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just planned on one day
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    I just put some R-Spec shocks with some Eibach springs on my Viking. All I can say is WOW and thanks to James for getting me the right springs and talking with me through the process. Tried to post some pics but won’t let me sorry.
    Hey Mello,
    What's your ground clearance with the set up?
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    Thanks skrillz’s I removed my front lift because the eibach springs on the r-spec shocks give me the lift I need. As for the rear I still have the stock shocks they don’t ride that bad due to all the weight I carry but all that weight has really made those inferior stock springs sag badly.
    Hey man… sorry in advance for peppering you with questions. James, if you read this, appreciate any quick blurb you can offer up.

1) What's the offset on your wheels? I'm at a 0 offset which brings the wheels in a litter further than most. Not sure if your exact set up is going to keep my 30's from slamming into the floor board.

2) It's gonna be hard to find r-spec shock absorbers too. What about doing a Viking elka shock with the long eibach springs?
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

Quote Originally Posted by skrillz View Post
    Hey man… sorry in advance for peppering you with questions. James, if you read this, appreciate any quick blurb you can offer up.

1) What's the offset on your wheels? I'm at a 0 offset which brings the wheels in a litter further than most. Not sure if your exact set up is going to keep my 30's from slamming into the floor board.

2) It's gonna be hard to find r-spec shock absorbers too. What about doing a Viking elka shock with the long eibach springs?
    My wheel offset is 5+2. I have 14 1/2 in ground clearance in the front with no lift and plenty of preload left in the r-spec shocks if I want more.

6. Thanks skrillz thanked for this post
    So I'm still formulating a strategy since everyone's situation is a little bit different. My clearance on a good day is 15" with super atv lift. However, in reality, it's more like 14.5" in the front and 14" in the back.

With a 0 offset and actual tire height of 29.5, there is about an inch and a half space between the the floor board and the tires. I need more space.

I used to be willing to spend 1K on Catvos forward a arms, but now seems too rich. I'm toying with super atv a-arms now. If I go that route, then my spring/shock combo will change. But then again, I'm not convinced the superatv a arms will give me extra space.

Still researching and debating. Getting Buckg's and other's input as well. Anyone else's input welcome.
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

Quote Originally Posted by skrillz View Post
    So I'm still formulating a strategy since everyone's situation is a little bit different. My clearance on a good day is 15" with super atv lift. However, in reality, it's more like 14.5" in the front and 14" in the back.

With a 0 offset and actual tire height of 29.5, there is about an inch and a half space between the the floor board and the tires. I need more space.

I used to be willing to spend 1K on Catvos forward a arms, but now seems too rich. I'm toying with super atv a-arms now. If I go that route, then my spring/shock combo will change. But then again, I'm not convinced the superatv a arms will give me extra space.

Still researching and debating. Getting Buckg's and other's input as well. Anyone else's input welcome.
    Just drop it off for a custom build.. we will figure something out.lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

9. Likes skrillz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    Just drop it off for a custom build.. we will figure something out.lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    I'm sure you all could make something work. We'd have to squeeze in a ride though.
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

Skrillz, I believe your wheels being 0 offset actually puts them 1 1/2 out further than a 5 + 2. I believe a 7" wheel at 0 offset is the same as 3.5 +3.5. This is putting the fattest part of the tire in line with the fattest part of the wheel well.

Quote Originally Posted by buckg2 View Post
    Skrillz, I believe your wheels being 0 offset actually puts them 1 1/2 out further than a 5 + 2. I believe a 7" wheel at 0 offset is the same as 3.5 +3.5. This is putting the fattest part of the tire in line with the fattest part of the wheel well.
    Yep . That is correct.

https://www.msawheels.com/blog/wheel-offset-explained/ On second thought, I probably won't mess with offset anymore. I like the 0.

Gonna mess with a arm/shock/spring combos... or have JBS get it done.
    Blooo Banger
    2014 Yamaha Viking

67StingrayJ
    I just ordered some 814 shocks for my Viking VI. With this COVID-19 crap going on they said it would take about 2 weeks for me to get them. Was this a smart buy? I still have time to cancel the order.

LET ME KNOW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast