Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: fuel gauge

fuel gauge

I have a 34 ford roadster I run out of gas the gauge said 3/4 of a tank I filled it up it showed 1/4 of a tank and as I drove the car the gauge will go up never seen this before would it be the gauge or sending unit appreciate any help

Hi, this forum is for off road atv/utv, the owner's nick name is Hot Rod. Someone may know the answer to your question, though.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

If nothing else is affecting it other than fuel in the tank, such as a weak battery or temperature….I would start with sending unit. It is a simple rheostat that is based on a float in the tank. But first I would check the sending unit grounding. Typically, The power from the gauge goes thru the sending unit to ground to complete the circuit. If the weight of the gas changes the connection somehow, is what I would look for initially. Maybe the tank is loose and putting a strain of the wire somehow.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

4. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post