Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

belt protrudes above secondary sheaves

Is it normal for the belt to protrude above the secondary sheaves after the following upgrades? I did the slug kit, 1mm spacer, OD weights, and purple spring with bushings. Everything was installed according to specs and install videos. I rotated the sheaves to ensure the belt was flush with the secondary sheaves prior to tightening the nut, but after a test run, the belt protrudes almost exactly 1mm. Had me worried, so I spread the secondary apart, got the belt flush, and it again protruded after running. Is this normal height of the belt now?

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    When you run a shim the belt protrudes out of the secondary that's what gives you the lower gearing

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Where are you measuring from? Is that to the top of the back ribs or to the edge of belt face. You should still have clearance to the case, if not that would be main concern. As belt wears you can remove the shim to get it back to position. Do not know which sheave grind you have but James can counsel with you on the effect that wear will give you on primary belt depth.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Thanks, James. Your parts have really made a positive impact on performance. Greatly appreciate the help.

7. Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Another happy satisfied customer. Congrats.
    2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS
    Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
    Super ATV half windshield tinted
    Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
    Dragonfire 3" 4-point harnesses
    2" Super ATV lift
    Pyle audio system
    Yamaha over fenders
    4" cage chop
    27" tusk Terabites
    JBS extreme sheave
    16g OD weights