I have a 2012 rhino that I have the following mods on:
    bored tb
    hotrod sheave
    bazazz tuner
    cdi from hotrod
    uni filter
    stage 2 cam
    Slugged wet clutch

Now my issue started when I installed the throttle body. It ran perfect before that. I have adjusted the TPS to 15 and 98 per the YouTube. It usually runs good until it is warmed up and I shut it off. When I restart it idles high and sometimes wont come back down. Making it hard to shift etc. I have tried different maps and am currently running James map for my mods and stock tb.

My question is, has anyone experienced this issue before? Could it be the cable? Maybe I adjusted the TPS incorrectly?

It has gotten to the point where I may take the throttle body back off. But I don't know if that would even fix the problem, and I sure would miss the power. Might just have to take it to James!

Thanks!

Icu may be bad

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

When you say ICU do you mean the aftermarket add on or the factory computer? I'm going to put the stock one back on and see what happens.

Just looking for some guidance. Thank you!

If it is the dynatek, I will order another one to try at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dygz21 View Post
    If it is the dynatek, I will order another one to try at least.
    Idle control unit on the side of the TB

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Isn't the low number on TPS supposed to be in the single digits? It has been a long time for me on my Rhino but does it have a ICS (idle control solenoid) so you have to have some slack in the cable to let it work??????
    And MAKE SURE you do not have any air leaks at boot to head.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Thank you very much. I will check the slack in the cable as well. When the weather warms up. Putting bearings in the 400ex this week. Thanks guys.

Okay so in the nice weather I was able to mess with it. Tps set at 16 or 17 and full throttle it goes from 98 to 100. Used the ICU off the stock throttle body. It shifted better for awhile and ran great. Then it would not idle down. I checked the voltage of the tps, 0.68 volts. Cable has enough slack to move pedal about a quarter inch without reading changing.

Could I have the ICU orientation wrong or something? I could feel it getting warm, so it is doing something. Any more ideas?

Mine has always done that once in a while right after startup on a hot day after miles of slow running. Almost like it doesn't like running along at 6 mph for a long period. Doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, shutting it down and restarting usually lets it idle down. After that, it feels and sounds like it's a little lean for a 100 yrds or so down the trail. I done everything you can imagine to my tune, and it still does it now and then. I believe there may be something a little different in the 12s and 13s because mine ran good, but what I would call different than any of the older 700s I've driven. Not bad, but just kinda strange. Now, if I let mine set for say more than 20 minutes, it never idles high at startup.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Hey hump. Thanks for the reply. Does it do it while you're driving ever though? I'm checking throttle plate clearances and all now too. I just want it to be the best it can be lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast