Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Way OFF topic diatribe

Hello all. I am SteveS, a long time member.
    Today has been quite a day for me. I am hurting for a new X4. My old Rhino. As old as they get since it is a 2004 model. Still runs good, other than a failing fuel pump (electric aftermarket).

One topic that came up recently was alluding to how things have changed over time. I am 72 years of age and things certainly changed along the way. I was a senior engineer (but not "self aggrandized") as "Tin Can" is and was. I had no formal schooling but had a great Mentor that worked along with me. He was an Electrical engineer, but had a good background in mechanical engineering. I started out as a "Toroid winder". The toroid being a doughnut shaped "magnetic' base which was wound in and out of the donut with wire to create a transformer of special character. I went for the mechanical field then, learning as I went. I have developed in the mechanical, electronics and optical fields and done quite well, becoming a senior engineer in the company. Sad to say, the company has declined to some degree. I have been retired for some 10 years now, so I am in no position to say that other than looking at the last few years that I was there, sad to say. Sort of taken over by a few "engineer" types that were brought in when our company bought out the company that they were with. At any rate, it was a wonderful time that I had when I was in the early years of its growth and success.

I have entered a new phase in my life, where I still do "engineering" but on my own dime and time. I have always enjoyed "inventing" things since I was a child. Many stories I could tell about events, good and bad, that have happened to me. I feel that I have had a guardian angel looking out for me, in life and serious accidents, and the like, that have happened to me and my own. So sad for me now, since they are now gone from my life.

Much more to say, but not for now. Getting rather emotional for me. Good and bad memories abound in me. Thank you all for your forum, it has meant the world for me.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

SteveS again, after a bit of a break. This may be my Swan Song as it were. I would enjoy seeing your thoughts and concerns on this sort of topic. There is much to say and feel for each of our lives. We would certainly all learn and profit from such a discussion. I am deaf and was born quite hard of hearing. of deaf parents. I have 3 brothers, all deaf. With one dying at a rather early age. Many experiences, some out of the ordinary for this world, over that time. It is quite a different world, not from malice, but rather from fundamental differences in life.

I do have an unusual "friend". He is a "Mischievious Imp". Look this up in and Encyclopedia. I have had him as a friend for my entire life, but only realized recently recognized him in my mind. I first saw him as perhaps a alter personality within me, but then realized he was doing things that were rather "impossible" in this world as we see it.

This was a fundamental portion of my entire life, as I see it now. I have nothing to worry about or fear on this topic.

Again, I would be quite interested in hearing from others regarding any similar events in their lives. I have 2 grown daughters now, and I do hope that they profit from this revelation on my part. One son as well but he died in a house fire long ago. So sad....
    Quite emotional for me, so please be patient as I suffer through this "diatribe on life".

Hmm how do we post pictures into the threads, if we still can?
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________