Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sheave Maintenance and Torque Settings?

I have my JBS Sheave and clutch kit and will probably tear into it this weekend or next. When I do, is any maintenance recommended on the sheave faces, similar to lightly roughing up the face with a scotchbrite pad? Or should you leave the sheave alone and just clean them up?

Also, what are the torque settings for a 2006 660 for the primary and secondary nuts along with 1 13/16" spring nut?

Thanks.

VERN...... that's me. :-) 09-rhino700's Avatar
    Torque? Lol blue loc-tite and a 1/2 drive electric impact!!

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheaves.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	1079

from the service manual...

4. Thanks Mrs. Hot Rod thanked for this post
    Likes Mrs. Hot Rod, craig473 liked this post
    i use an impact, also the faces i clean with brake parts cleaner and let dry. if u do that try not to get it on the rubber in the center

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

Blue lock tite on all the threads? Thanks for the torque settings. How about the nut on the back of the orange spring? I need to get the service manual.

Put just enough lock tite on the threads to hold it. I've seem them back off on the trails and you are screwed unless someone has an impact in the woods. I also do axle nuts brake caliper bolts and anything else that could back off and cause major problems. I had to find out the hard way a few times... I'm a slow learner. Lol
    08 700 special edition midnight armor black
    Jbs sheave , stage 1 raptor cam, uni air filter, purple spring, anti friction washers
    16 g weights, msd 3d, 26" bighorns, warn 3.0 winch
    With synthetic rope, folding windshield, emp rear bumper
    Baja II front bumper, 6" led bumper mount lights
    Vdp stereo, factory rhino tool box, rydon dust cover

the 700 and 450 manuals r on here under general rhino look in the stickies. oh sorry i see u have a 660. someone will chime in

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    see if this works. you should be able to download and/or print

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2006%20SE.pdf
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

10. Thanks Mrs. Hot Rod thanked for this post
    Likes Mrs. Hot Rod liked this post
    I can't remember the grit it was pretty light James had me sand my sheaves just a bit to take any small grooves or wear rings out and give the belt good grip and clean with alcohol and be careful on the assembly to get no grease on them good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08 700 SE 4 seater cage suspension seats, 4 pt harness,RW exhaust, kn intake,msd 3d,hot rod sheave w OD 16s purple spring friction washers,JBS RAD gaurds,led taillights, 26 mudlites,itp wheels,2000lbs winch, soon to come throttle body,cam wet slugs always need more speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Boltzie42 View Post
    Blue lock tite on all the threads? Thanks for the torque settings. How about the nut on the back of the orange spring? I need to get the service manual.
    I DO NOT reccomend using loc-tite on the two 22mm nuts !! I have had to CUT 2 of them off , because of blue loc-tite !!! It is a major pain in the ass , to say the least . I use a snap-on 18v cordless to put them on with .
    08 700 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast