Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Viking Wet Clutch Removal/Install

Been researching this site for a while on a sheave and slug kit. Going to be contacting JBS soon on what weight sliders to go with and place the order. I watched install video a few times already. Do most of you guys that have removed the wet clutch use a cordless impact to torque nut when putting back together? If you torque nut with a torque wrench how do you hold wet clutch from moving? This is the only part that concerns me I just don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
    2016 YAMAHA VIKING
    27" TUSK TERRABITES
    CAMOPLAST T4S TRACKS

i just used a fairly beefy air impact and have had no problems.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

Impacts are not all created equal, especially when it comes to the electric (cordless) impacts. Even many of the air impacts have different torque ratings.

I used a combination of air impact and cordless impact while doing mine. It is a bit unnerving to do, but as long as you pay attention and don't cut corners, you shouldn't have any issue. I did see a while back some talk of a method for doing a proper torque and the use (or non-use) of loctite. I would do a search and/or talk with James about it when you call to place your order.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

I don't have an electric impact and was a little nervous about over torquing with my air but so far so good.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune