Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    The explanation helps my brain to understand the principles- thx. I found some on Amazon last night for about $10 (iirc but seldom do) that have two circuits output with a few amps which will be fine to do a couple smallish LED. Flash rate of 150 flashes per minute, which seems to be the indication for road work vehicles you commonly see. So I would probably go that route as presently I think I am worth a little more than $2.00/hour. Maybe lol.
    Oh, far more than $2/Hr. Unless this was back in the late 1800's.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Have fun and try not to get the polarity wrong. :-)

Do let us know how it went and how well it works for you. Others, my want to follow your footsteps on this.
    That includes me as well.

I would expect the current draw to be rather low, unless you have some honking bright lights rigged up there.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

The nice thing about LED polarity is they will not work if it's not right, lol.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

3. Likes SteveS liked this post
    The nice thing about LED polarity is they will not work if it's not right, lol.
    There are obviously plusses and minuses involved here.....

| Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Hope this gives a better idea of what I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0623.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	13625

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0624.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	13626
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    Hope this gives a better idea of what I did.
    Looks good. So you apparently put some sort of wrap around the pole to captivate the LEDs?
    What did you find to wrap it with?

I was thinking of boring a hole through the middle, but that is probably impossible without a 6 foot long drill, eh?
    Still pondering that one. I could not find any appropriate tubing, other than metal.
    That would not do, as it would simply bend in a fight with a tree branch or whatever.

I think I will need to do more pondering tonight.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Lowes and HD have the electrical wiring flex drills that are four feet long at least, maybe get a six foot or use an extension. But hard to control straight I imagine.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Lowes and HD have the electrical wiring flex drills that are four feet long at least,
    maybe get a six foot or use an extension.
    But hard to control straight I imagine.
    For sure, that. This day and age, they have remote controlled well drilling machines that can accurately drill a hole miles straight down.
    But, that is way past our meager budgetary abilities, eh ? Also, this is a rather flexible drill to boot ..... Ahh, this is a fact of life when navigating this miniature tunnel boring tool.

| Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Looks good. So you apparently put some sort of wrap around the pole to captivate the LEDs?
    What did you find to wrap it with?

Leds wrapped around fiberglass pole (from a bicycle flag) Then zipped tied in a few places to keep them from moving. Then clear shrink tubing. It keeps everything flexible so it can bend and not snap. A little RTV in the top and bottom to make it water tight.

LEDS are controlled from a wireless remote controller.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    Leds wrapped around fiberglass pole (from a bicycle flag) Then zipped tied in a few places to keep them from moving. Then clear shrink tubing. It keeps everything flexible so it can bend and not snap. A little RTV in the top and bottom to make it water tight.

LEDS are controlled from a wireless remote controller.
    Ah, yes. You went through this at the beginning. At my age I often lose touch with my memory and forget the precise point of the whole thing.

I do think that this thread has been real helpful to me as to find the final solution for me. Time will tell, time between Wolfy and me and my tools.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12