Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Clutch kit speed issue

So I purchased The hot rod clutch kit called James up told him what I was running on my 2007 660 which is 27x 12 x 9 ,Aftermarket 50 caliber CDI box 2 inch lift kit now I was running 49 mph with that set up. I watch every video James has made on these Primary and secondary clutch’s , the way the weights go in , how to grease them , and how to change spring . And how to install both with the new belt .. I got everything done with in 2 hours watching each video( which are awesome) as I did the install .. when all done I did my road test it would only top out at 45 mph ! I’m stumped ... today I took it all apart everything was fine and installed correctly as per his videos .. I have yet tried it on hills or mud to see any low end difference .. is this normal ?? I’m really not concerned with top speed I just want low end power for plowing and going through the woods

lighter weights, a shim, secondary spring, any of those can affect top speed

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Need pics of weights and grease installed

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

I will have to take it back apart to get pics ... I will do a video of it

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD8A18F1-C4AE-486B-BD62-EDEDCB08CCEA.jpeg 
Views:	146 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	13615I used 18 g weights. Long side towards center Ridges up and the yamalube black bucket grease

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    This was my thread when I did my 660 - lots of pics and questions/answers https://hotrodforums.net/forums/show...ghlight=clutch

I think I used 15gram weights. I was running 27/9/12 and 27/11/12 itp blackwater tires. I had a cdi box. I think my weights were 15 gram. I could maintain 52-53mph on flat, more with a decline and less uphill - that's without the windshield but with a roof, hmf muffler but with quiet core installed. My profile pic shows the speedo on a flat run. I had the cdi and muffler before the clutch kit and it was in the high 40s.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

9. Thanks tobiey1 thanked for this post
    Likes tobiey1, Target 1 liked this post
    You are not gaining any motor power and with the higher gearing you may be actually lowering the power curve with less rpm at speed so that you do not have as much power to push it faster. You should find you have significant lower wheel power. Changing to lighter weights should change your shift points so that they peak at speed with the available power. Imagine shifting a 4 speed hot rod, don't shift out of the gear too quick to accelaerate faster, that is what Lighter weights will do. You may have to experiment some but James can get you started at the best point.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

11. Thanks tobiey1 thanked for this post
    Likes tobiey1 liked this post
    Thank you rodneygt that is how I installed mine but I didn’t cut the seat mount rails and I didn’t do wet clutch ...and thank you jimclemjr that clear me up on weights I’m not a need for speed guy as long as I get better low end for plowing and going through the woods ( go over downed trees and deep ditch’s ) I’ll be happy