Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oh boy... Houston we have a problem X2 vs. X4 conundrum

So as you may have noticed, I picked up the X2 on Thursday night, I brought it to work to put the windshield on with my students, loaded it up and took it home Friday. we were at an archery tournament most of the weekend and I didn't even get to ride the machine. I pulled it off of the trailer to park it under the carport and just a little turn in the yard and I turfed the grass. I may have mis-evaluated the use of this machine around the yard. LOL I know it has brand new tires but I am thinking it will turf the yard no matter what. So I have all of this rattling around in my mind (did I make the wrong choice based on the dump bed?) and I am searching for a trailer that I can haul this machine AND my 2004 quad on because if we take a trip with the whole family I need to take enough machines for at least 4. If my daughters boyfriend wants to go I am screwed no matter what! LOL Anyway... I have all of this rattling around my head (losing sleep over it) and my wife says again, "why didn't you get the 4 seater?" UGH!!! are you serious? So i text messaged the dealer and told him about my wife possibly wanting the 2 seater... (I didn't tell him I had second thoughts... it is easier to just blame her ) and tomorrow when they open he is going to check into possibly trading machines. I have gone over this in my head a thousand times and still second guess everything. It is my first SxS and it is a big investment.

I think I will be happy with either machine but, I think the 4 seater will possibly make my family happier? I don't know... LOL

what do you think? Anyone have experience with both machines?

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    James has both

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

4. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    The cure is simple have one of each LOL. All kidding aside I have a rhino witch I bought in 2012 and loved it. The dump bed comes in handy around the yard after storms,fixing the driveway,gathering fire wood,retrieving deer,and so on. That is one reason when we bought our X4 this past December we decided to keep the rhino and it gave us another machine for someone to use. We are fortunately able for the time being to do that. With that said the X4 would do most every thing I would do with the rhino but fixing the driveway with gravel may not be as easy with out the dump bed. I really liked the dump bed when it came time to clean the mud out after a ride to. The cure for the work that the dump bed can do around the yard and keeps the X4 clean inside. Is with a 1200 lb towing capacity I have a cart to use behind the X4 witch may not be the best of both worlds but dose the job well and if I sale the rhino I am still covered. Ps I use to shoot a lot of archery in the Beaver county area. My shoulder won't let me shoot a regular bow so have to use a crossbow,not as much fun. I see you are in the Pittsburgh area what clubs do you shoot at.

6. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes Brungeman, WV Hot Rod Rhino, skrillz liked this post

1st, thank you for the reply!
    2nd, My daughters shoot JOAD for BVA! We switched from North Side Sportsman Association this year.
    3rd, I have a cart now that I tow around the yard with my zero turn or with my old quad. (the tires are almost bald so it doesn't turf the yard as bad! ) lol
    4th, so you like the X4? if you could only have one mostly trail machine with a little bit of work-ability would it be the x4? Other than making my wife happy, could you see a reason to have the X2 over the X4 or vice versa?

Thanks,
    Dave

8. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    You are very close to where I live. use to shoot BVA long ago when there was only a house for the club building. I am real close to the Ambridge District Sportsmans Club. I still know people from BVA,and North side plus other clubs in the area. Great to see that your daughters are into the sport. My Dad and others were very influential in the sport back in my day makes me happy to see it carry on. Being I could not shoot a bow I got my son and a group of his friends into trap shooting competition. I always tried to beat their scores but the youth eyes and reflexes usually won out LOL. Yes I love the X4 and would chose it if I could only have one. It gives us the versatility of taking others who don't have a machine on a ride with us even the dog. Plus the X4 is very nimble and can probably go any where the X2 will. The only real advantage I can see with the X2 Is the rollover is smaller and will clear some obstacles the X4 may not. Hence you could go thew the trails a little faster (but not as fast as James)LOL. I can also see in the future maybe some grandchildren in the back seats. Hope this was a little help.

10. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Brungeman liked this post
    The x2 has better shocks and other than that the 4 seater is the way to go if you have more than 2 that might wanna ride...Nikki likes the 4 better also

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

12. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes Brungeman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    The x2 has better shocks and other than that the 4 seater is the way to go if you have more than 2 that might wanna ride...Nikki likes the 4 better also

Didn't know about the shocks. But I think some JBS springs will help with that problem!!!

14. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Timmi, Brungeman liked this post
    even though the X4 doesn't have a dump bed, it has a huge bed for cargo with the rear seats folded or removed plus it has a roof over it and can be fully enclosed yet you can access it from the front seats

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

16. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel City Rhino View Post
    Didn't know about the shocks. But I think some JBS springs will help with that problem!!!
    Springs help alot!!

James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

18. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, Brungeman liked this post
    the X2 has resi shocks all around no self leveling on the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City Rhino View Post

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

20. Thanks Brungeman thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast