Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Yamaha xtreme terrain challenge

Yamaha announces the second-annual XTReme Terrain Challenge (XTR Challenge) for Yamaha owners and families will be held this October 4 through 6 at the famous Loretta Lynn Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee.
    Designed for fun with formidable off-roading trails and obstacles, the XTR Challenge brings extreme drivers, riders, and weekend warriors together for great behind-the-wheel action and excitement. Drivers and spectators will experience a weekend of camping and entertainment with friends, family, and fellow Yamaha adventure-seekers.
    “Last year’s XTR Challenge proved Yamaha Side-by-Sides are up to the task of attacking some serious trail challenges, and that Yamaha customers are some of the best folks to spend a weekend with,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s motorsports group marketing manager. “We’re looking forward to building on the excitement and momentum from last year by adding a new ATV class, some new features to the course, as well as even more fun and activities for everyone attending.”

The debut event in 2018 featured an off-road course with varying natural terrains and man-made obstacles specifically designed to put Yamaha’s Proven Off-Road YXZ1000R and Wolverine Side-by-Side (SxS) vehicles and owners to the test. This year Yamaha plans to enhance the already exhilarating event, continuing the excitement for Yamaha SxS customers and even adding a brand-new Grizzly class to the lineup.
    Entries for XTR Challenge participants is limited, with returning alumni from the inaugural event receiving guaranteed entry. More announcements, details and registration information will be released soon. In the meantime, stay up to date on the latest news at YamahaOutdoors.com, as well as by following Yamaha Outdoors on social media at Facebook.com/YamahaOutdoors, Twitter.com/YamahaOutdoors, and Instagram.com/YamahaOutdoors.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, jimclemjr, flimmy liked this post
    I would really like to do this challenge, its about 90 minutes from my house. I have a buddy picked out to navigate. Picked because he is young, so tech-savy w/GPS, and lightweight so no extra load lol. I await to see how to signup and hopefully get accepted. Any help will be appreciated!
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I would really like to do this challenge, its about 90 minutes from my house. I have a buddy picked out to navigate. Picked because he is young, so tech-savy w/GPS, and lightweight so no extra load lol. I await to see how to signup and hopefully get accepted. Any help will be appreciated!
    I went last year it was a lot of fun. I'll definitely be going again this year. Here is a pic of me that Yamaha posted from last year. My buddy John will be navigating again this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yxz.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	13632
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

QUOTE=flimmy;132093]I went last year it was a lot of fun. I'll definitely be going again this year. Here is a pic of me that Yamaha posted from last year. My buddy John will be navigating again this year.
    If you get sick then I will show up as Flimmy! lol
    Is there going to be an on-line sign-up form? From what I could tell least year it was limited participation, so is it a random draw?
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    If you get sick then I will show up as Flimmy! lol
    Is there going to be an on-line sign-up form? From what I could tell least year it was limited participation, so is it a random draw?
    Yamaha said they would post when to sign up and guaranteed spots for the people who attended last year. I dont know how many they plan on limiting the entries to. They are going to have 3 classes this year , the YXZ , Wolverine , and now the Grizzly's . I need to talk my local dealer into letting me take one of their Grizzly's for a weekend lol
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

7. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post