Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Linkage adjustment

After flooding the transmission and several flushes later the oil looks prefect however I was still getting a little bit of growl in reverse and low but not high. This actually has been on going for awhile and I could usually get it to stop doing it in low by shifting from reverse to low a couple of times. Also my L indicator light wouldn't always light up unless I shifted back and forth a couple of times. Anyways I had the center console out running some wiring and decided to adjust the shifting linkage. It probably had a 1/8 to 1/4 play when going into low. So far no more growl or other weird noises in low and reverse and the L and R light up every time. It also feels more solid going into low. I don't know how to explain but it always felt flimsy when going to low. Also it seems (this is probably all in my head) like there is more torque in low now.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I would hypothesize that the torque feeling comes from an immediate surge because the gear teeth are fully messed as opposed to a few milliseconds of lag that it takes for the teeth to take up the slack and get moving. I assume that they are helical cut gears.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust