Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Shop manual availability

Good Morning all.

Is anyone aware of whether a shop manual for the X2/X4 has been published yet ?

For me a shop manual is a necessity for maintenance, mods, answering questions, etc. and the like.

Online download preferred.

SteveS, founder of iStSe LLC

Wolfy needs you
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    When are you gonna send in that sheave for some love

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    When are you gonna send in that sheave for some love

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Probably not for a while. I am absolutely sure that it will be a great improvement. However, as I think that I mentioned that I want to get a baseline to be able to appreciate the great work that you done for all of us. I do promise (promise with a smear of blood on my wrist and yours, like the schoolyard bonding ritual) that I will indeed take you up on your precious gift to me. Heck, I have only taken it for a city block or so, so far.

Easter is near and it is a tradition immemorial in my family to Hunt Easter eggs in the woods there. Planted in the wee hours of the night before, taken as a gift from above by the forest critters and devoured for their benefit. The kids (now middle aged) will join me for a trip to our old stomping ground and the ashes of their mother. She created the eggs with loving care the day before and taken to the site where we camped. Rest in peace, my love.

Unfortunately for us, the Forest Service has revamped the area, the site of the "Tillamook Burn" that went on repeatedly over many years. It is now a huge non-motorized area open only to horse and mountain biking enthusiast, as well as campers and hikers. This was good because we must all share the happiness of the wilderness without any loss to people that enjoy a different sort of thrill.

Many of us ride our vehicles for the same ultimate goal, joining with mother nature and all that she has to offer. The Forest Service has given us our share of the pie. For that I am very grateful, as we all should be. This is a place for rowdiness as well, that is a thing that must be shared as well, to vent our anxieties and thrills. All of mankind has to be welcomed into our world that we all share.

So, with all that said, I will be going, perhaps solo, if need be, to take Wolfy out to stretch her long legs and gain her modicum of pleasure. I, of course will share that love and elation with her and all of the world that we live in. I am filled with jubilation that it will come to pass soon.

Damn the rain, full torpedoes ahead, as has been said long ago.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Just a unrelated personal "Ban the bastard" issue. I happened to read a post on RhinoForums regarding stator resistances in MilliOhms. The post writer said that he did a continutity test. He had no clue as to what milliOhms are. If the meter jumped it is perfect, eh? I did an explanation on the units involved but it really needs a graphic Greek language symbol which American typewriter/keyboards obviously do not reproduce. Ah, as I proposed to post to a "enemy" site, guess who? I was immediately off of that post and into never-never land.
    Business as usual, eh?

RhinoForms is sending me eMails "Begging" me to log in, but yet I cannot participate. WTF!

Poor uninformed member of RF. Anyone have a "back door" for a personal communication with the poor actual writer of the post in question?

Here was my intended reply, just in case the offended persons happens to wander here....

************************************************** ************************************************** *

It is not just a continuity check that is needed to verify proper function. You need to do a resistance check with an ohmmeter. Unfortunately it is a very low resistance and many store bought meters are not up to the task.
    The measurement units are milli Ohms (thousandths of an Ohm). Not to be confused with M Ohms which are pronounced Meg Ohms (millions of Ohms). This is the way that the units are defined and lower case and upper case are all-important to understand. Resistance units are graphically drawn as an upside down U with 2 "tails" off to both sides at the 2 tips of the "U". I will try to find you a link that will show you what everything looks like. The Ohm symbol is derived from the Greek Alphabet, which our typewriters do not have a key for.

The stator has 3 wires coming out of it, in what known as the "Wye" configuration. As it is pronounced, it look like a "Y"
    Hence 3 measurements. each of the possible different measurements.

Site monitor: Am I allowed to post another site in a link yet without stepping on your toes? I'm not up to recreating graphics and then posting onto your site on my own, as I have done in the past elsewhere. I suggest you ask your members before you ban anyone again.

************************************************** ************************************************** *

It would have been happy, but so sad as it is. So don't bother them there...

| Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Slick Ban yourself procedure

The first answered question:

It is not just a continuity check that is needed to verify proper function. You need to do a resistance check with an ohmmeter. Unfortunately it is a very low resistance and many store bought meters are not up to the task.
    The measurement units are milli Ohms (thousandths of an Ohm). Not to be confused with M Ohms which are pronounced Meg Ohms (millions of Ohms). This is the way that the units are defined and lower case and upper case are all-important to understand. Resistance units are graphically drawn as an upside down U with 2 "tails" off to both sides at the 2 tips of the "U". I will try to find you a link that will show you what everything looks like. The Ohm symbol is derived from the Greek Alphabet, which our typewriters do not have a key for.

The stator has 3 wires coming out of it, in what known as the "Wye" configuration. As it is pronounced, it look like a "Y"

Site monitor: Am I allowed to post another site in a link yet without stepping on your toes? I'm not up to recreating graphics and then posting onto your site on my own, as I have done in the past elsewhere. I suggest you ask your members before you ban anyone again.

My posted response to the refusal to accept my answer to one of their member's reconconception:

4/12/2019 8:22 PM

https://www.rhinoforums.net/newthrea...newthread&f=17

I truly innocently wanted to help one of the members out here on this site. You will find the name SteveS scattered throughout this site. I had to use technical terms to answer a question regarding Stator testing, the issue was an assumed check for continuity on the part of the questioner.

The problem here is that it needed to be a very specific measurement match on 3 different pairs of wire. It is horrible confusing to a person not well versed in scientific notation of units. My answering post was:

" It is not just a continuity check that is needed to verify proper function. You need to do a resistance check with an ohmmeter. Unfortunately it is a very low resistance and many store bought meters are not up to the task.

Site monitor: Am I allowed to post another site in a link yet without stepping on your toes? I'm not up to recreating graphics and then posting onto your site on my own, as I have done in the past elsewhere. I suggest you ask your members before you ban anyone again."

It kicked out my reply, lost in never-never land.

** It is not just a continuity check that is needed to verify proper function. You need to do a resistance check with an ohmmeter. Unfortunately it is a very low resistance and many store bought meters are not up to the task.

Hence 3 measurements. each of the possible different measurements."

Have a good time country bumpkin moderators and owners of this site.
    Wipe the slate clean of me, every post that I have ever made here, please.
    As I am truly offended by your jealousy and deviousness.

The world will see the obvious after I am done here, so, moderator do what you will do. But it will be out to the public domain anyway.

If this does not post as I wrote it and copied to myself locally.

This failed muster and failed to post. also. I am happily awaiting the shrinkage of the RhinoForum Regime.
    Tough luck but it is out here in the world now.

SteveS, iStSe

Awaiting the disappearance of every word that I ever posted on RhinoForums.

| Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Huh? I don't remember pasting that number of times, over and over.

Site monitor, please slice the repeat out for me, lest I get more embarrassed as the chuckles continue in the background.

Thanks, and sorry about that.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Ah, I see that i failed to give it a title and then had it's revenge.

Huh? I don't remember pasting that number of times, over and over.

Site monitor, please slice the repeat out for me, lest I get more embarrassed as the chuckles continue in the background.Thanks, and sorry about that.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

James has a paper copy, I have not found an online pdf yet

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Good Morning all.

Is anyone aware of whether a shop manual for the X2/X4 has been published yet ?

For me a shop manual is a necessity for maintenance, mods, answering questions, etc. and the like.

Online download preferred.

SteveS, founder of iStSe LLC

Wolfy needs you

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar