Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is the difference in springs, other than they are all different colors?
    Meaning what does each one do different? Pressure?

The colors represent the strength of the spring in lbs of resistance. Increasing the resistance of the spring prevents the secondary sheave from opening as quickly. This video explains how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2015VI View Post
    What is the difference in springs, other than they are all different colors?
    Meaning what does each one do different? Pressure?
    Last edited by Timmi; 05-03-2019 at 05:27 AM.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

3. Likes skrillz liked this post
    In the long term if you want to take a significant step forward a Big Bore Kit is relatively simple and a good value for the effort and $$$. An exhaust upgrade and cam will be a next step which will neccessiate a fuel tuner and couple that with talking James into upgrading your head with some valves and flow mods. Next or at the same time is a stroker crank. If I correctly understand yours is a 700 (686) platform motor and it has a significant opportunity for high performance and reliable upgrades that will push that big beast along signoficantly stronger.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

That is great info!
    What big bore kit do you advise? Which exhaust is the best bang for your buck as well? As much as I enjoy the rumble of a good exhaust, I would prefer to keep the exhaust as quiet as I can so you can still have conversations in the cab. The Viking is already loud enough with the stock exhaust that we have to yell to carry on a conversation.

you don't need a loud exhaust to make power. HMF has a quiet series that works well. James does a 777cc big bore for the 686 engine that is very reliable and makes great power

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2015VI View Post
    That is great info!
    What big bore kit do you advise? Which exhaust is the best bang for your buck as well? As much as I enjoy the rumble of a good exhaust, I would prefer to keep the exhaust as quiet as I can so you can still have conversations in the cab. The Viking is already loud enough with the stock exhaust that we have to yell to carry on a conversation.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    you don't need a loud exhaust to make power. HMF has a quiet series that works well. James does a 777cc big bore for the 686 engine that is very reliable and makes great power
    what he said
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12