Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Mud lite size question

So I need some quick advice and I’ve tried to find the answer but haven’t found what I’m looking for.

I’ve come across a local guy that has a set of black ITP SS212’s wrapped in brand new Mud Lite XL’s. The story is that he bought a grizzly that had just recently had these added and he wants to go back to stocks. I’ve seen the pics and they still have the nubs and stickers on them. The problem is they are 26x12x12’s all the way around. I’ve read where some have said they wouldn’t go any bigger than 10’s on the front due to rubbing but haven’t read anywhere that someone has tried 12’s on the front. Does anyone have an idea how bad the rubbing is going to be?

Honestly, I love the bighorns that are on it (2016 Viking) but hate the size. Most of my riding is trail riding or driving through the neighborhood but these maybe to good of a deal to pass up. He wants my stockers and $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12's are very wide for the front so they'll rub when you turn
    mudlites run an inch smaller than stated height
    I ran them briefly on my Grizzly and had sidewall punctures frequently

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Would some wheel spacers keep that from happening?

it would help but you'll be wide if that is a concern

Quote Originally Posted by zeronight6r6 View Post
    Would some wheel spacers keep that from happening?

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

verify that those tires are rated for the Viking weight.

When I posted the above I did not have much time so I just now thought I would check. On the ITP site I can not find any Mudlite tire of that 26" size. If they are Mudlite AT they are atv tires and not rated for UTVs but only available in 25s. The XL is rated for UTVs but it apparently, presently comes only in 27 and 28. So maybe the advertiser has just measured them or they are older and no longer made. Or the ITP site needs updating. ???
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I’m fairly certain they are. That size if available at Rocky Mountain ATV. I decided to pass on them just because I didn’t want any issues. Thanks again.

7. Likes Timmi liked this post
    10" wide all around would be perfect

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

You did the right thing by staying away from those. Not that the tire is real bad, but the size would be the deal breaker for me. Your bighorns run true to size, if not a little big, and the mudlites run small. I had 10 wide on aftermarket wheels on the front of the 450 rhino I used to have and it wasn't all that great. big change in bumpsteer, and heaviness of the steering. That thing wore me out, but it looked cool. It is crazy what 1" of width does with the added offset of the wheels. Stay narrow as you can on the front with the tire height you want to run. I recommend running the same size all around when you go bigger. Shop wisely and don't get in a big hurry and you may get a real good deal somewhere. I got a smoking deal on a set of raceline wheels at discount tire. The price was marked down, plus it was buy 3 get the 4th free. I added the original bighorns that they always have a competitive price on, and they mounted them for free. I think I had less than $700 in the whole setup with 26" bighorns mounted and shipped.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Great advice. Thanks again!