Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fuel pump

Question Fuel pump

Which would be better Electric Fuel Pump or a Mikuni High Flow Pump 65L? Need to make a change because of starting issues after engine is hot. Starts great cold and will start hot but with difficulty and once started seems to run fine. Research says it's the fuel pump.

2. Thanks jackie m thanked for this post
    I will give my two cents, it in my opinion is all about the location of the pump and fuel lines. They are located way to close to the motor and exhaust. I bought the Weller high volume kit and left it in the stock location and it did the vapor lock thing again and again. I dont have any pics but i relocated the pump to the seat rail bar on the passenger side with some L bracket as far forward as i could and it hangs down about 2 inches so i could to keep it away from excess heat, you still have to run the line up to the clamp on top of the cylinder head as the line needs to be above the carb at that point. I bought some new heat wrap, wrapped the hell out of the fuel line in the clamp so we shall see what happens.

4. Thanks JJBRhino thanked for this post
    Likes JJBRhino liked this post
    Just going off an antiquated memory.....it seems I remember that the carbs are the same ones that Grizzlies use so that the fuel delivery does not need to be under great pressure, so if you go the electric route choose pump carefully for this application.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

6. Thanks JJBRhino thanked for this post
    Likes JJBRhino, Rhino SE 66 liked this post