Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Emissions

Emissions

Any reason to keep all the vacuum/vent hoses and canister under the console that have lines that go to the gas tank? Or could vents just be ran up to the dash under the hood that bypasses all that stuff? Reason I ask is I had a line to the canister pinched or blocked and it wasn't venting my gas tank. It was building up pressure in the tank and my engine would stutter unless I gave it gas. I took all the hoses off and cleaned them with carb cleaner and blew them out with air and everything is good now but I'd like to not have to do that again.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I had 1 twisted from the factory, I just fixed it and put it back. It's crazy they have this system on a sxs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I would guess it is the latest federal standards. To the best of my knowledge in the subject of VOCs, the fuel vapors do something to harm the environment similar to what oil based paints do while they cure. So that the canisters keep the vapors from going directly to the air. Has nothing to do with performance really, as long as something like what you described does not happen. So your personal concern for the environment would determine if you fix it or take it off and hotrod it like years ago. Just another little drop in the bucket.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I bet you will get a check engine light if you change anything in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    I bet you will get a check engine light if you change anything in that series.
    Try it! I want to know, hahah.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk