Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Wolverine X2 Rspec vs Modified Rhino 700

Hi everyone,
    First off I just want to start by saying that I understand there are plenty of reviews on the wolverine and comparing it to a rhino. But I still wanted to give my perspective comparing it to a modified rhino.

Wolverine is a bone stock 19 Rspec maroon

Rhino is a 2012 with the following:
    Performance: Raptor stage 2 cam, Bazzaz, dynatek, JBS clutch with purple spring and 16g weights, UNI air filter, slugged wet clutch and bored out throttle body and Walker Evans shocks with 7 weight oil in them (10 is normal)
    Creature comforts: Second battery, heated seats, sport roof, Ryde on dust cover, Reptile tires, HID lights, LED bed lights, stereo, HCR door inserts (factory doors removed).

I have spent the weekend and the past couple days comparing them on the same trails and working around the farm a little.

The wolverine is just plain smooth. Shocks, motor, everything... its like a cadillac compared to a pick up truck. Performance wise it has a lot more punch than the rhino but I really enjoy my rhino as well. They are both excellent tril rigs. The rhino needs a suspension upgrade to be good though. The rhino is louder, not as smooth and quite and smaller in every way. My rhino is also faster overall and can definitely hold its own with the wolverine. The shorter wheelbase of the rhino has helped it in the trails I ride on, the wolverine bottoms out (slightly) but is able to claw its way along no problem.

Here are my main complaints with the wolverine:
    -The rhino is better suited for ins and outs around the farm doing little tasks with the HCR door inserts
    -The bed holes in the wolverine just have the threads exposed, I put bolts in them with never seize on them to prevent them getting buggered up
    -The most annoying thing I have found is that it seems to surge very easily on down hills, and I do understand that this is my foot control as well, but I have never had that problem with the rhino.
    -the tailgate is a joke, so flimsy. I am about 185 and I can sit on it but it definitely flexes A LOT.
    -The bed is kinda high for working, like putting firewood or hay in it. I am 5' 11" for reference.

Over all I am super impressed with the machine and very glad that I purchased it. I will be making a Hatfield trip with both of them this summer and I am sure that the wolverine will thoroughly impress with its smoothness and quietness!

Do I wait to send off the computer and buy a clutch until the warranty is out? Or just do it LOL

The X2 bed is all plastic and shallow, not really best for working, same with the tailgate. I am curious to see if the Viking will be like that when it is upgraded. The surging is something to do with the drive by wire I think, mine does it too.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar