Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HunterWorks

Deleted by me

What is disturbing to me is when people purely jump on the bandwagon. I see posts all the time about "What replacement fan should I run" and people are instantly pointing them to Hunterworks. Hunterworks is only selling the same fan that is available directly from the company. Or when someone jumps on and says "JBS is junk" after someone bought the product... Well, that can be their opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that none of us are rich enough to throw out parts that we already bought. We all need to help people out vs just trash talk other people's products.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

You don't know what you don't know. James tests all combinations to know what performs best. Other's don't do that.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I am happy to use jbs ,been running the same sheave and yes the same weights 12 grams in my 450 for 7 years without and now for the last 4 years with grease. Thanks

5. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Had mine for 7 yrs also. OD weights that were ran for a short time with no grease. They got a small amount of wear at that time, then went with grease making them last forever and run a little quieter. That's another thing I don't understand....the grease argument. Some of the haters say "don't run the JBS clutch, go with a clutch that is greaseless. Well, guess what, you can run it without the grease on the weights if you want to. But, if your clutch takes on water a lot like these people say theirs do, you should snorkel and make sure your clutch cover is sealed because water in there is not good, greased weights or not.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

not to mention you still have grease in your secondary so grease less weights are of no advantage if someone is wanting a true grease less setup.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

8. Likes Timmi liked this post
    exactly, rinse and go is not a good idea, grit and dirt will eat your belt and sheave, seals, just don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    not to mention you still have grease in your secondary so grease less weights are of no advantage if someone is wanting a true grease less setup.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I change my diff oils probably way more than I have to but for the same reason. Water, mud, and gravel over the axles a lot and would rather change the oil after a good ride rather than replace parts. Seals only seal up to a point. I can only imagine what it would do in the sheave with no grease to cushion things. Grease for me!
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Banned
    Yeah grease less sheave and having to file the cam plate don’t think so. That’s a Mickey Mouse setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Timmi, Redleg liked this post
    James has had his clutch in his X4 for almost two years with no issues. The customer should not be required to modify components with the possibility of making a mistake in doing so.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

14. Likes Redleg liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123