Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

yamaha x2 with jus springs ?

Looking for some lift but i am very concerned with ride quality as i am not 100 % satisfied with the stock kyb ? Any one try them with the kyb that come with a stock r spec ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rinconmark View Post
    Looking for some lift but i am very concerned with ride quality as i am not 100 % satisfied with the stock kyb ? Any one try them with the kyb that come with a stock r spec ?

Thanks
    KYB is one of the best shocks you can get you will love the ride with our springs and those shocks .... very smooth

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

3. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I think the KYB are good shocks, I have never had a set of the expensive upgrades to compare to, but I do know that it takes some time and effort to keep tuning (adjusting settings) with the type riding and load carrying you do to find the 'sweet spot'. The springs are part of the tuning and are probably as important as the shock itself. It seems when you start preloading springs for lift it affects the effective travel length and resistances and absorption characteristics of the spring significantly affecting the ride. The OEM springs have a look of being a dual rate spring but seem to me to just be a sales gimmick for the way they are tightly wound without effective response. it does not take a lot of spring load change to effect the workings of a shock and the lighter the vehicle the harder it is to fine tune. I am not interested in too much lift as I have had my share of broken axles and do not want to really change the CV angles to minimize the risk. But with the heaver rate springs that JBS is providing, they are close to static stock height so no change of CV angle limits. They do not squash on preload, so have more 'effective' travel while riding, so smoother with proper 'tuned' shock settings. I am happily running the KYB and JBS springs for a 200 lb guy with 100-120 lbs of gear for eastern trail riding with some technical stuff thrown in. Once in a while I take my wife on a cruiser day.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Thanks for the info , trying to contact them to order but not having any luck ? Are they on Holidays ?

Hi James are use on Holidays ?

They have a new CNC mill they are getting programmed and set up, just takes time to get it going. He is getting another lathe soon also. Growing business. Probably best to text him at this point 304-673-2602

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar