Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree with using Yamalube. I order mine from Rockymountain ATV in the gallon. I don't have a dealer near me either but every engine I've been in after running Yamalube has looked fantastic. I'd like to see a diagnostics of it vs some of the other major brands.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    I agree with using Yamalube. I order mine from Rockymountain ATV in the gallon. I don't have a dealer near me either but every engine I've been in after running Yamalube has looked fantastic. I'd like to see a diagnostics of it vs some of the other major brands.
    I recall a series of discussions about the clutch issues on the Rhino. These threads are very much worth reading.
    Lots of testing and so forth.

You might want to do a search for these older threads.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Found this on bobistheoilguy.com, I can agree with this too.....when I worked for a local Heavy Equipment company (2013 or so) here I went to the Mobil plant in NJ for a 3 day tour of the factory & testing facility. When they took us through the production plant I saw everything from Nissan & Toyota branded oils to a few domestic companies oil also. I did not type this.....just a copy/paste I found:

"It just drives me crazy when people get on " this oil does this and that oil does that" Kick!!!!!! Heres the real deal on YAMALUBE!!!!!!! If you guys want to STILL BE IN DENIAL,,,, PLEASE don't read this post!!!!!!!1st... Yamalube is made by CITGO (cities services oil company).. The packaging facility is on 39th and cicero in Chicago ( a few miles from my home)....2nd,,, Yamalube comes from the EXACT SAME ZILLION GALLON TANK AS DOES at least a DOXEN other brands of 2 stroke oil.... 3rd.. Yamaha does NOT have an oil refining or packaging company , 4th Yamaha buys their oil from the LOWEST BIDDER... They come up with a specification such as TC-W or JASO and the oil MANUFACTURING companies meet their specifications and submit their bids to YAMAHA.... YAMAHA in turn, contracts the LOWEST BIDDER in the demographic area that they market the oil in.... If you live anywhere near CHICAGO,,,The YAMALUBE comes from a zillion gallon VAT on 39th and cicero..... You could buy K mart or wal mart or farm and fleet 2 stroke oil and get the EXACT SAME OIL that is in the Yamalube bottle for HALF THE PRICE... Yamaha doesn't open up the caps and THROW ANY MAGIC POWDER in the gallons of oil when they come from citgo.... Sometimes they come directly from citgo and the yamaha warehouse NEVER EVEN SEE the cases!!!!! I know first hand because a friend of mine who WORKED for CITGO for 25 years used to bring me botles of TEXACO 2 stroke oil..... YES TEXACO 2 stroke oil and you know what???? He got it from CITGO where he worked!!!!!! and furthermore, citgo doesn't open up the bottles and throw the MAJUC POWDER FROM THE YAMAHA CHEMICAL PLANT to make YAMALUBE work better...... Heres another little TIDBIT for you guys,,,,,, The next time you go to pep boys or auto zone or murrays aoto,,, look and see just how many different kinds of ANTI FREEZE there are...... ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ONE???????????? THERE'S ONLY 2 COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT MAKE ETHYLENE GLYCOL ANTI FREEZE.......... 20 brands,,,,,,,20 COMPANIES!!!!! BOTTOM LINE,,, MY VIPERS (2) and my sxr all use KLOTZ,,, My power valves are clean... My girlfriend has a viper,, her powervalves ALWAYS DIRTY!!!!!1 she drives my sled,,,, DIRTY POWERVALVES.... SHE drives a snowmobile like a FARM TRACTOR.. I drive a sled like I stole it!!!!! With MY SLEDS,,,,,, It's not about the oil!!!!!!! I use KLOTZ!!!! FAR superior to ANYTHING CITGO MAKES!!!!! there you have it!!!!"
    19 Wolverine R-Spec SE Black
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

So the guy rants about people being brand loyal then says all he uses is Klotz, got it........

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

5. Likes Redleg liked this post
    I laughed at that too. I was referring to how there are only a couple of oil manufacturers in the U.S. and they make most of what we see that is OEM branded.
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

I DO know that some of those OEM's give the spec's & additive requirements to the manufacturer which in turn make the magic OEM juice we buy. They ARE a little different, but the base oil is all the same.
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

8. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Right, same base but different additives. If Yamalube was crazy higher in price than everything else I would seek an alternative. I have never had a failure with Yamalube so I use it.

I use non synthetic in my Tundra, have since it was new. People say I'm stupid not using synthetic but it works for me.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

10. Likes Redleg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Right, same base but different additives. If Yamalube was crazy higher in price than everything else I would seek an alternative. I have never had a failure with Yamalube so I use it.

I use non synthetic in my Tundra, have since it was new. People say I'm stupid not using synthetic but it works for me.
    I agree on the price thing for sure. I have just always used Mobil in my car's/trucks and Klotz/OEM in my ATV's.
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

Mobil is what I use in my truck, never used Klotz anything except chain lube.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
    I agree on the price thing for sure. I have just always used Mobil in my car's/trucks and Klotz/OEM in my ATV's.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

13. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Likes Redleg liked this post
    I've heard there are only a few manufactures who make the base oil but Yamalube really isn't that expensive. About $19 for a gallon. Also, I have my extended warranty through Yamaha and not one of the oil manufacturers. No reason to give any reason not to honor a warranty by being cheap on oil.

I use Klotz in my banshee and Type F transmission fluid in the gear case. I read on Banshee HQ that transmission oil in the Banshee was the way to go as long as you change it often. My brother runs all yamalube products in his Banshee. I can't tell a difference in performance between the two but his is older and still runs great.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

15. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast