Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: gas tank vapors

gas tank vapors

I had to put a fuel cell in the trunk of my Studebaker, problem is I had to put battery there too. What can or should I do to make sure it wont spark and explode ?

Quote Originally Posted by tjschamp View Post
    I had to put a fuel cell in the trunk of my Studebaker, problem is I had to put battery there too. What can or should I do to make sure it wont spark and explode ?
    Ahh, that is a good question, it would not do to have a fire back there

You could try venting the trunk somehow, or simply venting the fuel cell to the outside world, which would likely be a lot better.
    There should be some sort of vent provided on the fuel cell, you just have to find it, eh?

| I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Hmmmm, after mulling this over, I realize that the cell would need no vent. It is just a bladder full of vapor and collapses upon itself as it empties.
    So no vent and let it do its job.

Could the fumes be common from downstream in the fuel system, a leaky hose or fitting ?
    Check everything in the fuel system, looking for residual fuel stains and the like.

This is where a dusty machine is good, as the fuel will displace the dust layer and then simply evaporate away.

Let us know how it turns out.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________