Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

X4 with X2 R-Spec Shocks

Well, I finally broke down and ordered a set of X2 R-Spec shocks to run on my X4. I am trying to get a set of JBS X2 R-Spec springs to compliment the new shocks and leave the JBS springs that I have on my X4 shocks there as a back-up. With the price of these shocks, I really hope that I am not making a terrible choice and I am looking forward to getting them set-up for me and my family to enjoy the outdoors even more.

As part of this project preparation, I am going through my suspension components making sure that everything works smoothly and that there is grease where grease needs to be.

If any of you X2 R-Spec guys have any setting starting-point suggestions, or any of you already have these shocks on your X4, please send your suggestions.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

2. Thanks duckmans83 thanked for this post
    Likes duckmans83 liked this post
    Nice! I also saw some Walker evens shocks out but only have 1 adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

James is running X2 shocks on his X4

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus453 View Post
    Well, I finally broke down and ordered a set of X2 R-Spec shocks to run on my X4. I am trying to get a set of JBS X2 R-Spec springs to compliment the new shocks and leave the JBS springs that I have on my X4 shocks there as a back-up. With the price of these shocks, I really hope that I am not making a terrible choice and I am looking forward to getting them set-up for me and my family to enjoy the outdoors even more.

As part of this project preparation, I am going through my suspension components making sure that everything works smoothly and that there is grease where grease needs to be.

If any of you X2 R-Spec guys have any setting starting-point suggestions, or any of you already have these shocks on your X4, please send your suggestions.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Yea it's 3 position high speed compression like some Fox shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by duckmans83 View Post
    Nice! I also saw some Walker evens shocks out but only have 1 adjustment.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Interested to see how this turns out for you. What are you looking to get out of it X2 shocks vs the X4 shocks with JBS springs?
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I am looking to get more adjustment out of the shocks. As we go to different areas the terrain is different, and it would be nice to have a plush ride on everything. We have discovered some different trail areas and that we like the more technical and often rocky trails the best, and the stockers just don't have the adjustment to be able to run that style of trail and then on to the faster trails.

I have the JBS Springs on my X4 shocks, and they have been a great improvement over the stock springs, and I am getting a set of JBS Springs for the X2 shocks when they arrive.

Initially I was concerned about loosing the "auto leveling" shocks that are stock on the X4, but throughout the last year of use, I have had very little variance in the weight that we run. With some people starting to run different shocks and having good results, I became interested in seeing what I could improve for the ride. When I spoke with James about getting different shocks, he very quickly pointed out that the R-Spec shocks had been more durable and are still rebuildable. He went on to point out that the KYB's have more adjustments to fine tune the ride for the conditions. I did a little searching for the best pricing, or a set that someone was replacing. Found a deal and went for it, and now am waiting for them to get here.
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

-JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

8. Likes duckmans83, Timmi liked this post
    Where are you getting the x2 shocks from from if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out the price.

I found them for $324.07/each for the fronts, and $349.99/each for the rears. Each corner has its own part number, and you can choose between black or red springs (which doesn't matter to me, because I am doing the silver JBS springs). The best place that I have found on-line for pricing is Yamaha Sports Plaza in OR. When I initially put the shocks in my cart, it wasn't showing tax, and the shipping was relatively low. Once I went through the check-out process, I was charged tax and slightly more for shipping. My total pricing as of now is $1461 for the set.

Part Numbers for the black springs:
    Front: B8K-F350A-00-00/B8K-F350B-00-00
    Rear: B8K-F220T-00-00/B8K-F220U-00-00

11. Thanks duckmans83, Timmi thanked for this post
    Likes duckmans83 liked this post
    Cool. The Walker evens are about $1.5 to $1.6k for the set. Not as much adjustment.

I also have the JBS springs on my x4, made a good difference.

13. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Kayaba is one of the largest shock absorber and strut manufacturers in the world, along with many other products. The KYB's on the Wolverines are stage 4 resi shocks, a very high quality shock and rebuildable. The springs are not the same quality. JBS springs are a huge improvement.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

15. Likes jimclemjr liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast