Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bullet proofing 708

Bullet proofing is just my opinion. I really like the 708 for several reasons and it fits my needs and plan on keeping a long time. I have sent my ECU to Alba this week for tuning to get the lean condition addressed. After reading my spark plug I would be re-jetting my carb a couple steps if it had jets lol so the retune. And I also decided to address the oil/water pump driven sprocket issue. James has been very helpful and gracious to help me with some advice before I got started to know what to expect. I pulled the motor and am addressing a couple other issues while its out. You do not have to remove the flywheel to get to the sprockets and you might be able to do this project without pulling motor by removing the fuel tank and standing on your head some. This has been educational to learn several things, so I am not hating on doing it. I wanted to publicly say thanks to James and document a couple of things. The Loctite green retaining compound used was Loctite 609 (2600 psi shear). I believe you could use 648, and albeit a little stronger (3900psi shear) but think it may be a little quicker setup. James has had good success with 609 and figured no sense in recreating the wheel. You have about four minutes to get the sprocket coated, installed with the chain, nut loctited and torqued. So stressed, I put it on and forgot the washer lol. But impact zipped it off washer on and relocktite nut and back on in less that 20 seconds. All finished in less than four minutes.
    James one thing I did after listening to you was I took a piece of heavy plastic, cut an undersized, very round hole in it and stretched it over the sprocket hub to protect the bearing from any potential infiltration of the retaining compound. Stuffed a paper towel on top of the chain bracket and all was safely done. I actually had a drip of the green down backside of sprocket but it cleaned up with a paper towel on a bent wire and never dripped out.
    I was going to put the picture here but it is not letting me upload it so I will do it later
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

2. Likes Big Dog Daddy liked this post
    I have tried about six times in different ways to post the pics but it gives me a message of failure....sorry! tried a 145K pic and the original size of 1.93 MB and neither will work. Any guidance?
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Can someone please tell me why i cannot upload any photos? I have tried different file size and jpg and jpeg and the site says it failed to upload everytime.

Thx

I think your supposed to post problems to https://hotrodforums.net/forums/show...-concerns-here
    I know I have to resize all my pictures to 800x600 before they will post.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

6. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    800 x 600 did not work...…
    Thx for suggestion

there's a file size limit too, I think it's 1 mb

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    800 x 600 did not work...…
    Thx for suggestion

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I tried much smaller than that...did not work.

10. Likes Timmi liked this post