Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the rear wheels in the side photo look to be back farther than previous models

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    Going through the gallery on the XT-R X4 it looks to me that the wheels are in the same position. Like you said it will probably take a tape measure to find out. The rear arms do look longer though.

Attachment 13727

Attachment 13728

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I would think different hubs or wider differential wouldn't be cost effective for the XT-R version unless Yamaha is going to eventually make those changes to all the X4 and X2s. I'm speculating the CV shaft on the website saying they work for all models is a typo. I'd think longer shafts would be the economical and logical route Yamaha would take. It will be interesting to see one when they get on the dealers lots.

The longer wheelbase is what I'm trying to figure out and where they gained the extra inch. If it is the frame then that is very interesting but I'm betting on offset A-Arms.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Just checked. I do not see the rear shafts listed for the XT-R now.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

This potential update could be a bank breaker. But if it was an upgrade... and done a little at a time, could still be worth it.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

rear swept a arms would be useful on the X4 for larger tire clearance

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    I would think different hubs or wider differential wouldn't be cost effective for the XT-R version unless Yamaha is going to eventually make those changes to all the X4 and X2s. I'm speculating the CV shaft on the website saying they work for all models is a typo. I'd think longer shafts would be the economical and logical route Yamaha would take. It will be interesting to see one when they get on the dealers lots.

The longer wheelbase is what I'm trying to figure out and where they gained the extra inch. If it is the frame then that is very interesting but I'm betting on offset A-Arms.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I wouldn't think A-Arms and axles would be too expensive but who knows where they will be priced initially or if that is all that will be needed. Give him enough time and I bet James will have a set to play with and will let us know his thoughts.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Now I see a couple of places have the parts diagrams listed for the 2020 models. For some reason not all of the parts seem to have prices, which says to me that they are not available yet (likely due to the assembly line still putting out the new models).

I do have a few part numbers, but until we see a machine to have that 100% confirmation that they would or wouldn't be able to bolt up to the older stuff, I can't jump.

Rear CV Shaft Assy: BAR-2531H-00-00 ($286.88)
    Driver Rear Upper Arm: BAR-F2104-01-00 ($43.06)
    Passenger Rear Upper Arm: BAR-F2105-01-00 ($43.06)
    Driver Rear Lower Arm: BAR-F2106-01-00 ($51.09)
    Passenger Rear Lower Arm: BAR-F2107-01-00 ($51.09)

Bushings come with the rear arms according to the diagrams, so that would be something saved.
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

-JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

Was just looking at the diagrams a little more. The bolts, washers, nuts, and "Cover, Thrust" all show different part numbers. With that in mind, this may not be something that we can simply upgrade on the "old" models.

Another item of note is that the KYB Shocks used on the front of the XT-R X4 have a specific part number different from the X2 R-Spec shocks and they are a little more expensive. I would say that is likely due to the change of springs and likely minor valving changes.

Good find! Better wait until we can see one and do some measuring before ordering anything.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12