Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Throttle body Sync

Anyone try to check their throttle body synchronization using two vacuum gauges? The manual says to do it at idle with the Yamaha vacuum gauges hooked up to the two ports on the throttle bodies and map sensor unhooked. The reading should be within 10 mmhg of each other. Problem is my gauges (not Yamaha brand) go all over the place at idle and don't stay steady enough for me to read them.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

When I saw the procedure in the manual, I thought back to my days at the dealership doing carb sync's on motorcycles. I would think that you would want to get a Sync Stick from Motion Pro to be able to hook up like we did on the carbs back in the day. To me it looks like you are just adjusting the air screw making sure that even vacuum is applied.

But to answer your question, I have not yet done this on mine. In the spring, I will likely be going through more of the maintenance of things that I don't do all the time. I am planning to do the Sync and Valve adjustments.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

google searches say to use a homemade manometer
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I had to google that...LOL
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

back in the day lol......made a restrictor port which slows down the pulsing....used carb jets in the rubber hose. get them small and drill them out in steps until you get the sweet spot. get an extra one or two in case you over drill. Actually I soldered them into a piece of brass tubing which I could then clamp into the hose.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust