Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Why is this weight sticking and locking the clutch engaged 2009 750

My clutch is sticking engaged because one weight is sticking and hanging up. I have no idea what’s happened to this clutch, I bought this teryx as a basket case and am piecing the puzzle back together. It now runs but when I got the clutch the sheaves were split on the primary and the top 8 bolts were kinda loose. I tightened them back down spun the sheaves back together and torqued it back onto the crank. Also the puller tool I purchased for my 650 2003 prairie seems too short for this clutch does it use a different puller?

Any help on why this is hanging up would be appreciated it also seems to slip and doesn’t engage until higher rpm. I’d like it to engage at much lower rpm

I tried to attach a picture but the manage attachment page keeps failing Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	13740
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.PNG 
Views:	198 
Size:	614.2 KB 
ID:	13741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0449.PNG 
Views:	229 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	13742

After further education on youtube on how this clutch works and it's components. Turns out, the roller was broken and missing half of it and the weight was getting stuck on the broken roller. I found a decent used clutch on ebay that should be arriving today. Maybe I'll see about getting this Spider repaired or replaced and rebuilding this clutch for a bit more performance.