Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    heavier weights would bring down cruising rpm's a little but it hurts acceleration

I doubt you'll get 68-70 with 27" tires.

mine with 27" tires is maxed out at 64
    Last edited by Timmi; 11-15-2019 at 02:20 AM.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Likes Yedi liked this post
    I don't know why people get obsessed with a few mile an hour on top end when the low end is what you need for trail riding.

I agree infedel, with version 1 I needed 18 to 20 gram weights. Didn’t care about the top mph wasn't any real gain. Was more concerned with cruising rpm. with stock exhaust and ecu programing this motor pulls it's power at a low rpm and throwing 20 grams vs 18 wont bog the motor (especially with 27in tires). This motor loves low rpm and will pull through it to a point that testing will reveal you machines specific tipping point. 22grams is where I found the motor could not pull the rpm and that is with 28" tires.

5. Likes InfidelMT liked this post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    I agree infedel, with version 1 I needed 18 to 20 gram weights. Didn’t care about the top mph wasn't any real gain. Was more concerned with cruising rpm. with stock exhaust and ecu programing this motor pulls it's power at a low rpm and throwing 20 grams vs 18 wont bog the motor (especially with 27in tires). This motor loves low rpm and will pull through it to a point that testing will reveal you machines specific tipping point. 22grams is where I found the motor could not pull the rpm and that is with 28" tires.
    I agree and that's what I'm looking for is lower rpm's at cruise speed. I don't need all the top end. I really think 20 gram weights will lower my RPM's with no loss in performance. I believe I will still have plenty of torque and low end power with my 27" tires.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyStyle View Post
    I don't know why people get obsessed with a few mile an hour on top end when the low end is what you need for trail riding.
    FYI I'm not talking about top end. I'm talking about lowering my RPM's at cruise speed.

different weights make a huge difference, not a valid comparison

heavier weights create more torque on level ground and a dyno

lighter weight create more torque up hill or under load

switch the weights and see what results you get

https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...er-vision.html

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

real world test with rounds versus od's same weight in both

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

16 vs 14

heavier weights are better for pavement and dyno runs because they shift out faster

under load such as riding trails with mud and hills lighter weights will out perform the heavier weights

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    different weights make a huge difference, not a valid comparison

heavier weights create more torque on level ground and a dyno

lighter weight create more torque up hill or under load

switch the weights and see what results you get

https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...er-vision.html
    Tried to get 20 gram weights for the last few months. Apparently have been out of stock since summer. Would have loved to tested with 20's. My goal for my riding application was lower cruising RPM's with no loss in torque. No one runs snorkels and mudding out here... So in my case I don't need lower weights. Was going to post the results here but this site is so glitchy most times. I end up typing up a long message then never sends and I lose it all.

I know y'all want to sell the dynojet but a dyno test doesn't mean anything on the trails. You should have gotten 18's from hw if you wanted to do a test but it doesn't matter.
    The JBS milling along with overdrive weights, neither of which hw says will work because he is unable to make them work, make the lowest standing start ratio and highest final drive ratio. Those factors are what matters in trail riding.
    barrera is spamming JBS and their forum is all abuzz and giddy with charts. Some people are enamored with with such things. People who load up an X4 and drive though mudholes and ascend steep terrain will appreciate what JBS accomplishes that hw cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    Tried to get 20 gram weights for the last few months. Apparently have been out of stock since summer. Would have loved to tested with 20's. My goal for my riding application was lower cruising RPM's with no loss in torque. No one runs snorkels and mudding out here... So in my case I don't need lower weights. Was going to post the results here but this site is so glitchy most times. I end up typing up a long message then never sends and I lose it all.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast