Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyStyle View Post
    I don't know why people get obsessed with a few mile an hour on top end when the low end is what you need for trail riding.
    I agree with you 100% but I also see what Infidel is trying to accomplish here.

I think the heartburn is that the X4 and X2 are trail machines but people need them for other uses too or don't have the trail systems like the East coast or in my case the Ozarks provide. That and/or they may have access to more open roads that they want to get down quickly. Yes, I'd like to do 60 mph and I may get there after my Alba Flash but at the same time my X4 is for taking the family trail riding and farm work. At that it excels.

I also think people get hung up with the way other machines perform that may not be competitors to the X4. In my opinion, the Pioneer and Teryx are the Wolvies competitors. Not Generals and RZRs. Against the Kawi and Honda, the Wolvy stacks up pretty good. Each has it's advantage. I will tell you this I ride with a group of RZRs (one is a turbo) and they have a hell of a time keeping up with me on the trails with my JBS Sheave. I can power out of tight turns in heavily wooded or rocky areas much better than them because of the added low end and narrower chassis.

I will be upgrading to the version 2 sheave soon and I'm very excited to see what it does with the Alba tune.

Infidel, please keep posting your results. This is very interesting to me and I hope you accomplish what you looking for.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I followed Timmi's link and read through the post

Of the test points, the JBS sheave mad more horsepower 5 out of 7 times vs HW 2 out of 7

HW made more torque 4 out of 7 times vs JBS 3 out out of 7

After 40 MPH the RPMs are very close. I'm not sure you would be able to tell the difference without a dyno but HW was lower.

I would like to see some real world testing. A drag race would have been fun to really show difference in how each sheave compared. Looking at the number it would have been close. I think HW would jump off the line with JBS taking over at the end. However, I've seen a lot of dynographs on drag cars that would have you believe they would smoke the competition but then lose the race. I know a lot of that has to do with driver and traction.

A drag race between HW and JBS would give us a better idea at how both put power to the ground.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

3. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Infidel's goal is to have his Wolverine equipped with a specific tuner and a modified sheave. That is why he had the dyno test done. He had decided 20 gram weights best suited his needs. James did not have 20 gram overdrive weights available so 18 gram weights were substituted. I don't know why he tested a stock sheave because he had no interest in a stock machine. Stock weights are 22 gram round weights.
    So three different configurations, three different results. Starting ratio wasn't measured but even with lighter weights and a shim JBS runs lower rpm on top end and it would be lower if both used the same weight. So for dyno pulls and road riding the heavier weights work ok because of less demand on the engine. You load up the clutch more on start but upshift sooner, you're not constantly demanding the cvt to upshift and downshift.
    You see at 50 mph the stock sheave is demanding less hp and tq but at a higher rpm than the modified sheaves. Heavier weights. The cvt is spinning and the machine is rolling along. Light demand on the power. Until you come to a hill. Clutch weights make a lot of difference in how the cvt responds to the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    I followed Timmi's link and read through the post

Of the test points, the JBS sheave mad more horsepower 5 out of 7 times vs HW 2 out of 7

HW made more torque 4 out of 7 times vs JBS 3 out out of 7

After 40 MPH the RPMs are very close. I'm not sure you would be able to tell the difference without a dyno but HW was lower.

I would like to see some real world testing. A drag race would have been fun to really show difference in how each sheave compared. Looking at the number it would have been close. I think HW would jump off the line with JBS taking over at the end. However, I've seen a lot of dynographs on drag cars that would have you believe they would smoke the competition but then lose the race. I know a lot of that has to do with driver and traction.

A drag race between HW and JBS would give us a better idea at how both put power to the ground.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I guess being from the Show-Me state, I want to see a drag race.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

quarter mile or eighth mile? I need to know which weights to use

I guess being from the Show-Me state, I want to see a drag race.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by timmi View Post
    quarter mile or eighth mile? I need to know which weights to use
    lol
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

drag race would never solve this dispute. lol to many variables and there will always be an excuse. raced sleds for many years I know others always had and excuse and I always had an excuse when the other was winning. they are both excellent sheaves and are a huge improvement over stock and can be both tailored to the individuals specific riding needs. competition produces better products for the consumer and also publicity to sell said products.

I know what your saying but I'm not in any dispute or trying to say one is better than the other. I'd just like to see a drag race between the two.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

you are correct, this will never end and there are many variables
    JBS has the lowest starting ratio, highest final ratio and zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    drag race would never solve this dispute. lol to many variables

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I know what your saying but I'm not in any dispute or trying to say one is better than the other. I'd just like to see a drag race between the two.
    I think it should be each bring there best set up and best of 3.

-James vs. Todd

-Timmi vs. Massive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast