Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New Rhino owner

New Rhino owner

Hello,

Just picked up a 2009 Rhino 700. It appears to be all stock other that 28" Zilla's. I'm wondering what "must have" mods y'all can recommend. It tops out on the limiter at 37MPH (speedo)

I'm thinking about an ignition upgrade and clutch sheave kit. I mostly trail ride and run back roads, very little mudding... some hill climbing but nothing too treacherous. I do a little yard work with it as well. I don't want it too loud. but I'd like to be able to get 50 MPH or more if possible. I'm in Canada, it's cold as hell and our dollar ain't worth much... trying to fix up a 10 year old machine gets expensive real quick.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any advice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191225_143735 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	13745

definitely service the cvt and change all fluids. JBS clutch is the best available, install that first, then you can do a cdi, depends on what you want to spend. Call James, he know's exactly what to do. His 2009 Rhino is the fastest I have ever seen. 304-673-2602

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Welcome to the site. My advice is the cheapest.... have the clutches serviced, new belt (probably 10 years old), change oil in front & rear differentials, and simply ride the Rhino for a year to make sure its going to stay together and be reliable. I have a 2009 Rhino also... I hate the speed limiter but love the bike. I live about an hour north of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

4. Likes Timmi liked this post