Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Where do you mount your Gun racks ?

Hello,
    I live in rural Mo , so just about every thing I do out doors I carry a 1022 ruger , so when I got the Rhino
    I need to mount some racks , I do hunt and target shoot year round , deer,varmit,turkey or just target shooting
    on my home range . I also hunt with a crossbow so I needed some racks to meet my needs , I wasn't a fan of mounting anything behind the cab in the bed area ,so it had to be on the front rack and inside the cab , on the front rack I used a Koplin gun rack , on the inside I used a Coleman gun rack , both racks was purchased at my local Walmart as I needed to see how much the flex open , as some of my firearms have a wide for arm on the stocks and most have bipods mounted ,
    on the inside cab area I didn't wany anything mounted above my head , there really isn't enough good space to be mounting some heavy rifle up there anyway , so I wanted to go vertical or with a lean but facing up on the floor ,
    so this model would of meet my needs .

https://www.kolpin.com/utv-gun-mount

but it would take up too much room over the hump area and I still plan on mounting a full gauge package as well as cup holders and a center console , the route I took was on the passenger seat grab bar , I used a 5 inch tube that is 1"od and turned ihe inside od to open it up enough to slide over the tube on the handrail . then I drill and mounted with a 1/4 inch carrage bolt installed the handgrip and grab handle them mounted one of the Coleman gun rack to the handle , on the floor board I used a butt cap from a old crossbow hand crank , so it turned out just how I wanted it .. inside the cab , a vertical mount with a slight lean , doesn't take up any room on the hump area and the passenger still has full floor board area for their feet and a grab handle to grab as needed .

TS2

We the unwilling , led by the unknowing
    are doing the impossible , for the ungrateful
    we have done so much with so little for so long
    that we are qualified to do anything with nothing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZYG5qwHHI

I haven't carried a rifle in a sxs but I like the overhead mount.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Smile

I just throw my AK in the back and let it bounce around. When it looks a little dirty I run through a couple of mud holes to wash it off.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Looks good. Here's one I did for my commander to get it out of my way and for easy access.

2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
    Looks good. Here's one I did for my commander to get it out of my way and for easy access.

Hey that's a good place , I thought about the dash area , but 3/4 of my rifles are heavy bull barrels LRP's that weigh from 14 to 22 lbs
    and I didn't want to take a chance on them popping out of the v rack .
    always good to see Black rifle owners !!
    TS2

6. Thanks rodneygt thanked for this post
    Wish I had some good insight for ya. But I use the great day quick draw overhead mount. For what its worth never had an issue with them coming loose or moving. Even when having fun in the ravines and canyons.

But I also understand the want for vertical. Just couldn't find anything I liked how I wanted it to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Is that a factory Yamaha metal handle for passenger seat the Coleman rack is bolted to?
    I like that location, I have a 2006 Rhino 660, but it does not have that metal handle, any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Temblor View Post
    Is that a factory Yamaha metal handle for passenger seat the Coleman rack is bolted to?
    I like that location, I have a 2006 Rhino 660, but it does not have that metal handle, any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Hello,
    yes that's the factory handle , I just used a 1 od pipe about 6 inch long as it slides into the factory
    grab handle tube , the rubber grip I cut the top off put it on flush then ran a 1/4X20 bolt nut through
    to keep everything snug .

Jake

10. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post