Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JBS Eibach Springs

Installed my JBS spring kit today on my X2. Here are the measurements, and I have one question as well

I have true 28" tires

Factory springs
    -Front 11" of clearance measuring behind the a-arm. preload all the way down
    -Rear 11" of clearance measuring under the receiver hitch, preload all the way down

JBS Springs
    -Front 12" of clearance measuring from the same spot, preload 1/2"
    -Rear 13" of clearance measuring from the same spot, no preload

Question you guys that have installed these have you noticed any settling? I'm actually hoping for the rear to settle down to 12 to 12.5 inches of clearance for trailer rear door clearance.

I have several miles on mine and other than maybe a slight settling after the first 3 or 4 miles, they have stayed up. Granted I have an X4 and the rear shocks self adjust. I see no way they are going to settle an inch in the rear for you. I bet you can add more preload to the front to level it out and still have a smoother ride than factory. Maybe someone with X2 shocks has a different experience.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Disregard I see you need it lower for trailer purposes. Worst case scenario, add a larger cooler in the bed and haul more beverages in it to weight it down.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I have my preload all way soft, my springs have not sagged at all. You could lower your tire pressure enough to get it in the trailer I bet.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Thanks guys, got a lot in the rear box already aprox 375lbs worth, spare tire, cooler, Yamaha box full of goodies, and the spare tire carrier itself. plus I just chopped the cage. I took 1.25 out of the rear. That was the max I could do with me being 6'1". Tires are at 10psi and it puts the rear of the roof right at 75". the opening is 74-75". I was hoping not to have to air down the tire but looks like I might. so i'll just have to do a test fit once I get everything completed. I'm going to adjust the shocks more today and I will post what I decided on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    I have my preload all way soft, my springs have not sagged at all. You could lower your tire pressure enough to get it in the trailer I bet.
    When I said settle I did not mean sag. I mean after having it up on the jack to install the springs and then riding it a little bit for everything to settle down. Some say you can just rock it back and forth once the tires are on the ground for the same effect.

You guys probably knew what I meant but for anyone else reading, I didn't want them to think there was a sag.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

gotcha, I didn't intend to mislead

Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    When I said settle I did not mean sag. I mean after having it up on the jack to install the springs and then riding it a little bit for everything to settle down. Some say you can just rock it back and forth once the tires are on the ground for the same effect.

You guys probably knew what I meant but for anyone else reading, I didn't want them to think there was a sag.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

ok this is what I ended up with. wont be able to truly test an adjust until the end of march on our WV trip

I have the Yamaha plastic skid plates, 28" tires at 10psi
    Front clearance behind the a-arms 12"
    Rear clearance under hitch mount 12 7/8

front preload 5/8
    front rebound 18 out
    front fast 1 1/2 out
    front slow 15 out

rear preload 0
    rear rebound 18 out
    rear fast 1 1/2 out
    rear slow 15 out

9. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I know it in wrong section but can't help myself..... My Gen 1 Rspec with Super atv arms, homemade mini boot guards and JBS Eibach springs with 3/32" preload. I just rode Windrock yesterday in some really nasty stuff and I cannot believe the ruts I was able to do both up and down hills. Night and day from stock setup. Oh yea I have 28" Bighorn 2.0 and about 13.5" clearance as is. And right now about a 100 lbs of mud on it that I need to go powerwash.. have a good day y'all.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

11. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I have had people driving rzr 1000's following me on some very rough washed out trails tell me they can't believe how well my X2 got through it all and how fast I was able to go. JBS springs and JBS clutch makes it possible!

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast